Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Khyam LED light pack (awning led strip) and how to fit.

Taff7996

Taff7996

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Don't understand why, unless you have not included the control/dimmer box in your hard wiring? Mine is "hard wired" and still works with full functionality.
I have included the control box, but for some reason the remote has no effect on the light

As others have done, taken live feed from back of roof light to control box (via 2amp in-line fuse).
Negative from control box goes via on/off swich to negative terminal on roof light switch
Just had a though, did i have the control box the right way around

larrylamb

larrylamb

T6 Club Joker owner
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I have included the control box, but for some reason the remote has no effect on the light

As others have done, taken live feed from back of roof light to control box (via 2amp in-line fuse).
Negative from control box goes via on/off swich to negative terminal on roof light switch
Could be your remote, have you checked the battery is in correctly?

Taff7996

Taff7996

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204

All working ok now, had control box the wrong way around, note to self, wear your bloody glasses:embarrased

capt kirk

capt kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I also have this and it’s great. However I have found it is on occasions turning its self on.

I don’t know if a neighbour has a remote with the same frequency. I have had to disconnect it and will reconnect when I eventually start using it.
I have same issue so fitted a neat switch in the boot so i can turn them off when at home, also prevents the rf receiver draining the battery.

marshian70

marshian70

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just fitted one of these yesterday. I’ve not decided whether to hardwire to one of the light switches or not yet. A neat solution instead of using the 12v socket in the boot is to trace the wires through to the 12v socket under the right hand side of the rear bench. This way you can use the on/off button on the 12v socket just by opening the sliding door as opposed to opening the boot.

Moakesy

Moakesy

Moakesy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just fitted one of these yesterday. I’ve not decided whether to hardwire to one of the light switches or not yet. A neat solution instead of using the 12v socket in the boot is to trace the wires through to the 12v socket under the right hand side of the rear bench. This way you can use the on/off button on the 12v socket just by opening the sliding door as opposed to opening the boot.
Just fitted the light kit this morning.

I did as you say, with the wire going in at the back and then largely tucked away until the it gets plugged in to the 12v socket by the rear bench. I assume if it's switched on at the plug, but off via the remote, it's still draining the leisure batteries?

Very pleased with it. Not quite as neat and tidy as @larrylamb's job, but I didn't fancy messing around with the rear drain plug.

LED lights.jpg

marshian70

marshian70

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Good stuff and yes if you leave on and only switched off via the remote I would guess that there would be a small amount of battery drain, but I‘m no electrician.

pjm-84

pjm-84

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Currently have an occasional problem with mine in that it switches itself on on its own accord. Anyone else having a similar problem?

Thinking about resetting / changing the batteries within the remote as a starting point. Seems to be occurring more since installation in 2018

P

paul_f

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Mine comes on occasionally when my neighbour opens his garage. It's not every time so his must have a rolling code that occasionally matches