Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Rail Seal

Justinitus1972

Justinitus1972

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all, I’m looking for some group knowledge please before I present the dealer with yet another fault! Brand new T6.1 Ocean, specifically the near side awning rail (the one without the wind out awning). I’ve been doing some water tests today (canvas, drains etc) and noticed that whilst both awning rails appear sealed all along, there is one small spot that is seeping water through between the bodywork and the rail itself.

Is this normal? Or a potential issue? Would appreciate other owners opinions! Thanks.

IMG_2332.jpeg

Not normal. Should be fully sealed. This is what happened to mine after recall fix in 2019. Fortunately VW Germany will re repair. It will almost be a rebuild, but at least they are taking responsibility. It's a 2015

IMG_7890.jpeg

IMG_8527.jpeg

Oh my, that’s dreadful Patrick. Glad you’re getting sorted though.

Hi there. I can’t another post on this kind of topic, let me know if you know otherwise. We have a 2011 Cali. In noticed this winter that the front section of the rail, where it tapers above the drivers door, comes off, you don’t even have to pull it hard, underneath I can’t (thankfully) see all that rust in the photos above, I just see a lot of rubber which looks like it’s kid of disintegrating.

Anyone else had a similar issue and know what I can do to try and fit it? I could silicon glue it back on. It worried I’ll be trapping in a problem. I’ll try and take some photos

Back