Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning rattle on GC

Hammer

Hammer

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Morning

I know this was a common issue on California's but anyone noticed rattle on the awning for GC? when a close side door it really rattles, at first thought it was the door but on further inspection its the legs in the awning even with awning tightly closed. If others have this have you come up with any solution or does the Thule 5200 not normally have these problems?

Thanks

Mark

i had the same problem check the anti rattle slide plates on the inside 2 off, move them closer together in the centre of the rail

open the awning just enough to see the 2 black anti rattle plates they slide on the rail mine had moved outwards.
I found that on my California the second awning we had rattled a lot. Took a close look and found that the actual legs were rattling on the casing at the top...I fitted a number of adhesive felt dots in different places and that cured all the rattles...

open the awning just enough to see the 2 black anti rattle plates they slide on the rail mine had moved outwards.
Can I ask if this was on a Thule 5200 awning as fitted to GC? reason I ask is can't see any black anti rattle plates.

Thanks

Can I ask if this was on a Thule 5200 awning as fitted to GC? reason I ask is can't see any black anti rattle plates.

Thanks
Hi sorry no mine is of the t6.1 I just thought it might have the same plates

Back