Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver's window rattle?

I had such a rattle , I was convinced it was the window / door. Drove with window closed/open, shut door hard/soft, no change. Banged the awning, no rattle. Opened roof, closed it no change.
Then, on the Forum, someone who worked for SMG Cowfold stated that they had never had a rattling door/window, it was always the awning. He said to wind it out 1/2 metre then rewind. Do Not overtighten it and since then no noise. Try it.
:thumb

I had such a rattle , I was convinced it was the window / door. Drove with window closed/open, shut door hard/soft, no change. Banged the awning, no rattle. Opened roof, closed it no change.
Then, on the Forum, someone who worked for SMG Cowfold stated that they had never had a rattling door/window, it was always the awning. He said to wind it out 1/2 metre then rewind. Do Not overtighten it and since then no noise. Try it.
:thumb
Thanks WelshGas, will trust your wisdom and give it a go. Not much to lose is there!?
Will report back...

And of course you were totally right!
Thanks loads. No rattle. Totally didn't sound like it was coming from the awning.
It's from the roller inside and just seems to be transmitted down the B pillar. Glad you're sorted.

I had something similar
Went on for weeks
I was convinced it was the dubflector vibrating etc ?
It turned out to be the seat belt housing,adjacent my ear,all I had to do was give the belt a tug :rolleyes:

Have a window rattle and when I just tap the electric window control to drop it a bit it stops …

Anyone know where I could look at finding the issue ?

Thanks

Back