Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning winder drill bit accessory

Rhyddin

Rhyddin

A T6 Beach, named Dory
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Quite surprised that I haven't seen a drill bit accessory with the awning winder on the end; is there one on the market? We use one for lowering the corner steadies on the caravan and assumed there'd be one for this purpose. It would have to be easier to just pull the trigger for a second, lower the legs and then wind it out the rest of the way, effortlessly?

Might have to create one, if there isn't one available anywhere.

I would not chance it to be honest. Maybe if it was a impact driver but with drill its likely to overwind, be too torquey and kick back.
Nevermind needing to charge and store it. Good old winder will do me :)

Is this a joke post?

I am all for saving time but a drill to wind in/out the awning? Not only could this do serious damage to the awning, why would I want to carry a cordless drill with me when I go on holiday?

you never know when you may want to let the pressure out of your skull
An attachment that can wind out/ in awnings and carry out decompressive surgery with on site burr holes.
That will surely make the dealer optional add on list for the new catalogue, right next to shower attachment.

Is this a joke post?

I am all for saving time but a drill to wind in/out the awning? Not only could this do serious damage to the awning, why would I want to carry a cordless drill with me when I go on holiday?
'Is this a joke post?'
Bit rude, buddy! Save your condescension for someone else.

My California will be, predominantly, a day van, as we have a caravan, so I'm taking a cordless drill with me anyway. You can vary the speed and torque on a decent cordless drill to avoid damaging the awning.

Quite surprised that I haven't seen a drill bit accessory with the awning winder on the end; is there one on the market? We use one for lowering the corner steadies on the caravan and assumed there'd be one for this purpose. It would have to be easier to just pull the trigger for a second, lower the legs and then wind it out the rest of the way, effortlessly?

Might have to create one, if there isn't one available anywhere.

I really think you have too much time on your hands what with this and the streamlining of the awning invention.
You need your T6 California to get out and about, before No3 Invention comes along. Only Kidding.:D:D:D

I really think you have too much time on your hands what with this and the streamlining of the awning invention.
You need your T6 California to get out and about, before No3 Invention comes along. Only Kidding.:D:D:D
So true! I really do need my van.
Already bought a topper and screen cover from Comfortz, a bungee from the club, Brandup mats are coming from Germany and my vans not even built!

If you fancy one thry to make it yourself .
Who knows it will be a hit and you can sell them....

No offence but also was thinking in the direction of a joke....:D

A problem you will find is that some of the gears are made from nylon and may strip before you know it. Fiamma do a electric winder but includes stronger gears and will wind in/out no faster than the hand winder in case of jamming

A problem you will find is that some of the gears are made from nylon and may strip before you know it. Fiamma do a electric winder but includes stronger gears and will wind in/out no faster than the hand winder in case of jamming
Thanks - good to know!

Back