Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awnings- A lesson learned

C

chriskiely

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
After managing to book on a site last weekend, I had the opportunity to use the awning for the first time since last year. The weather was really nice and sunny in York. Fast forward to 4 am when I was woken by a ‘crash’. I went to sleep and kept the awning up as the weather forecast was fine. However, there is a brief storm and heavy rain that literally lifted the awning pegs out of the ground and pulled on the mounting brackets. Luckily the only damage was to the mounting point that was held in by a screw ( it wasn’t me ), but just goes to show you how strong the mounting brackets are in the factory positions !!! From now on , the awning will be wound it at night.
fa680ecb9f650e8c066312991fa7f51e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother Nature strikes again! thankfully no major damage...
Some years ago (before we had our Cali), camping with friends who had their big-white, I was intrigued by how finicky he was about putting the awning in and out and never leaving it out when unattended, he told me then how basically having a sail on the side of the van was no match for a strong wind... Gave me food for thought... That said, there have been a few times when i've been a bit blasé and almost regretted it...

I was lucky this time; it won’t happen again !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk