Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calling any Fiamma F45 owners!

mrcheesbrough

mrcheesbrough

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hello folks. I wonder if any of you could be so kind as to take a photo of the rafter mounting, the one in the middle of the main case of your awning? Part of ours has cracked so I’ve got a new one to replace it but as the original one was sat in three pieces I can’t work out which of the aluminium grooves the bottom part (on the right in the photo) should locate in. Much appreciated.

4903337be1e16e5a04ff3d16d21ee413.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Morning Mr C,

saw this earlier then left home without taking a photo!

I will this evening assuming nobody else does before hand.

Morning Mr C,

saw this earlier then left home without taking a photo!

I will this evening assuming nobody else does before hand.

Morning Mr Pod,
There’s no rush, it would be appreciated though if you had the time. Our camper is currently being a driveway ornament since getting back from France. It’s mainly the bottom part of the bracket I need to know about as there are a few different slots it could locate into on the awning case.
Have a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m curious what and why a rafter is/used for?

Do I need one in my life?

Ha. Now there’s a question. There are two types of rafter - a basic straight tensioning one, the curved ‘pro’ and an LED one. We’ve got the rafter ‘pro’ which has a slight curve to it so it tensions the centre of the canvas so it’s flaps less in the wind, also it means that water is less likely to pool up if you forget to put a slope on the awning should it rain. I wouldn’t say it’s essential but it adds a bit more solidity to the canopy that I like. Whether you think it’s worth the £45 is another question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back