Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

B Pillar Table

DrJuanKerr

DrJuanKerr

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Has anybody fitted a B Pillar table to their Cali Ocean? When the drivers seat is swiveled around, it would be nice to have a table to use and also one that could swing out under the awning.

I've seen a few on T6 and T5's but no pictures or information of anyone to do it to a Cali Ocean. Is it because the heater outlet is in the way I wonder

Cheers

Last edited:
Wow. 117 views and no comments.
I guess this is, indeed, something nobody has done

When I owned an Autosleeper Trident there was such a small table fitted. It requires substantial fitting to the pillar and the Cali is not designed for the alteration. Ok for the seat in front of the B pillar but to be honest that was all. Not much cop for swivelling outside and storage would be an issue. The table stored in the sliding door is far more useful. IMHO

Wow. 117 views and no comments.

As the Cali has a table fitted inside on the kitchen and a second one in the door which can be used outside I think your lack of replies too your question is 2 tables is enough for most users.

So to clarify, when sat in the drivers seat facing the "living area", the "kitchen" table, if being used to cook will invariably be occupied by cooking "stuff".

The table in the door is to be used outside. Granted it could precariously be balanced on the "kitchen" table thereby extending it but also making it considerably less stable.

I'd like a table, as shown in the images taken from the t6 forum shown above

It was an option on our Bilbo that we had previous to our Cali. Didn’t seem worth the hassle - it would be useful to have s place to put a book or a mug of tea down, but I have tried to be minimalist with amount of “stuff” which needs storing in the van.

https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/

Have a look at clearcut conversions they have an online shop with circular tables and fitments for them.

Have a look at clearcut conversions they have an online shop with circular tables and fitments for them.

I've dropped them an email. Their swing out table leg kit is the same one I've seen on a number of sites but maybe they'll know whether its suitable for my Ocean.
Thanks

I've dropped them an email. Their swing out table leg kit is the same one I've seen on a number of sites but maybe they'll know whether its suitable for my Ocean.
Thanks
You do have the option of using the kitchen table strap to hang the end of the kitchen table from the bench headrest, unless this option was removed on the T6 , and then put the door table up wherever.

The table in the door is to be used outside. Granted it could precariously be balanced on the "kitchen" table thereby extending it but also making it considerably less stable.

Have you tried using the door table inside without also trying to use the kitchen table?

It fills the space between all four seats perfectly almost as if it was designed to be used there.........why do you think it has a straight edge at one end?

You do have the option of using the kitchen table strap to hang the end of the kitchen table from the bench headrest, unless this option was removed on the T6 , and then put the door table up wherever.

So, that's what the strap is for. I'll give that a go

Have you tried using the door table inside without also trying to use the kitchen table?

It fills the space between all four seats perfectly almost as if it was designed to be used there.........why do you think it has a straight edge at one end?

I must confess, I never thought of that. Seems quite obvious now it's been pointed out!