Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lid for fridge and camping table wanted

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Hello,

The lid (latch in English?) form our 2007 T5 Cali broke. Also our camping table (the ons that fits in the sliding door) ended it's live. I informed for a replacement, but for the lid it's out of stock and the table is pretty expensive.
Does anybody now about a dealer? Or maybe ze second hand parts?

We live in Belgium, but in August we'll be travelling through the south of England.

Thank you!

Bart

Is this the fridge top?

This is the table but as you’d expect t it’s expensive

Thank you for this link.
I am not sure about the fridge top. On mine I only find a number that looks like AEA 001780.

20190615_171357.jpg

Why do you need a new lid?
Have you got a pic of the broken bit? It might help.

7H7 068 473 B about £100 from vw

The plastic broke right where the gas strud fixes. The photo I made is not really sharp, but I think you can imagine what happend...

20190615_185659.jpg

You could unscrew the fecker and use it without one.
Or glue and screw an angled piece of stainless steel to make
a repair?

I have changed 3 of those gas struts and now I'm living without.

I close my fridge and cooker top in about 10 seconds. I give it a very gentle push and let the gas struts fold in very, very gently. At the end I give the grey bar on the lid a firm knock to get them closed well.

I do mine in about 2 seconds flat.
I'm always up against time :D
And then you have to replace gas struts 3 times before you decide to live without?

Just like the window blinds. If you look at reviews you see them pulling the hell out of these things. If you do that on a 14 day trip, on day 10 at last, they will be torn apart.
You can feel that you have to be very carefull with some parts of the van. And I am, because I know what everything will cost. At least 5x too much.

Might be, but it can come in handy if the lid stays open, as for ventilating after use, or if you have to load or unload the fridge.
That is why I am very careful at using something of the Furniture in the California. It is all a bit too fragile.

Nice conversation, but it leads us way too far off the original post!

He was searching for a new lid.

Nice conversation, but it leads us way too far off the original post!

He was searching for a new lid.
Yes but you lead it that way by saying it takes you a full 10 secs to
close the fecker :)

When I bought my Cali the lid was in two parts: the insulation inner was separated from the glass. It is fixed with 2-sided foam-tape. Not very hard to take it apart and put it together (with a new tape of course)

Sorry for the late response. In fact I tried to glue the broken plastic part. It seems to work, but I hope it can stand the force of the strut. Fingers crossed again...

The screws matched perfectly!

When I bought my Cali the lid was in two parts: the insulation inner was separated from the glass. It is fixed with 2-sided foam-tape. Not very hard to take it apart and put it together (with a new tape of course)
Deskman,
Did the repair to the fridge lid using double sided tape work? Has it lasted? I have the some problem with mine. The glass shattered and now I need to bond the glass and foan insulated fid together. Thanks

Sure it lasted. & years and still no sign of separating again. It is probably the last thing that will come apart. :D
Please be sure to degrease the surface thoroughly and align the parts properly before you stick them together. Otherwise, realigning will be a tough job.

Back