Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Baby Bunk/Dog Bed!!

cleve

cleve

VIP Member
So today I bought my daughter a dog bed!!!

10384366_10152501848042863_6507177924895313833_n.jpg

As she is only 1, she is too young to go in the roof bed with one of her siblings and I worried whenever she was on the cab bunk about her falling out so we're going to trial this until she is a bit older. At least if she falls out, then my daughter only has my legs and a soft duvet to fall onto! I'll probably position it against the tailgate and may try a folding bed guard we have if she rolls off the other side!

yet to try it in the van but it should fit on the extended multiflex of our beach

10488158_10152501849217863_8326393858695290619_n.jpg

IMG_20140622_111301.jpg

Fits nicely on the extended multiflex. Obviously we would only use this when the main bed is out so she has a soft landing if she did roll but my daughter has got quite attached to it. We've left it up in the playroom and she keeps getting her comfort blanket and asking to lay on it!

That is brilliant, how long before someone makes one the whole width? :goodone

That's the medium size, there is a large but it's also wider so wouldn't fit on the multiflex with the seat in upright position. We had planned to get the large & shorten the width of the poles to make it narrower but the pole ends are tapered!

Hi. I know this is an old thread but how did you get on with the bed? We have a one year old and looking at different options to get camping.

Angela

we ended up selling it as we realised it was tricky when we had bikes on the rack and wanted to lift the multiflex to access suitcases rather than opening the tailgate. We currently use a self inflating mattress across the cab area but are still trying options. Our latest idea is to use a multiflex cushion which I tried myself and is very comfortable, not as narrow as it looks. We use a graco booster seat to keep the middle supported near the handbreak:

multiflex front.jpg

multiflex front 2.jpg

It's the first option we have tried which helps stop little ones rolling into the footwell. If they lean on the corner then it will obviously not take their weight but the cushion is nicely supported in the middle by the gear stick. It's a lightweight option, easy to store on existing multiflex and the length suits my older children too. Just need to find a second one so we don't have to donate the one from our bed!

Back