Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bench seat dog bed which attaches to ISOFIX?

MrNick

MrNick

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We've currently got a Solvit dog bed, which is a pretty good design in that it covers the back of the seat, and has a bolster which you squeeze in between the seat and the back to secure the bed in place. As modelled by Holly...

1 (3).jpg

BUT its made really cheaply (poor stitching and zips etc) and falls apart after a few months, and looks a bit ugly too.

Has anybody come across some sort of dog bed, preferably with raised sides, that could anchor to the ISOFIX attachment, so the bed doesn't slip around when you're driving? Obviously Holly is belted in with a harness, but she tends to fidget and, with a non-anchored bed, ends up with the bed slipping out from underneath her...

To me this seems like a really good idea for a product, but I can't find anybody making them!

I may have answered my own question just found this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TR2SUV8/?tag=eliteelect-21

Its designed for use with another bed (which looks too small and confined) - but it clips into the ISOFIX and provides a platform on which to attach other things. I'm thinking if I found a dog bed with handles on the back/side, I could loop the straps from the ISOFIX base through this, which would secure the bed in place. Obviously Holly is secured in a harness, this is just to stop the bed from slipping around.

At least Amazon has easy returns - I'll give it a go and post back if successful (or not)!

What's the point of fastening a dog bed down unless you get said dog to wear a seat belt?

now that's an obedient dog. fasten a harness on ours it goes nuts

this is his face when you say 'put your harness on'

20170805_211458.jpg

Can't put a harness anywhere near our Labrador. She becomes a statue and won't move if put on her. If she sees it she runs away and hides. Can't fasten her in Cali at all but will only ride on bench seat provided we have used adaptil first on her bed. Hence why we leave her at home mostly

For what it’s worth I use a car rear seat dog hammock that clips to the front seat headrests with a cheap but thick duvet for a bed. This way my pal has a big comfy bed but is also well contained in case of emergency breaking etc.