Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Back seat/bed

W

Wiza

Vehicle
Looking to buy
hi I’ve just cracked the back of the back seat/bed by trying to get the back of the seat up!! Any ideas on how I can fix this? Devestated!!

What exactly did you do to when trying to raise the back? Seems a very unusual failure. Had the back stuck and excessive force required?

What exactly did you do to when trying to raise the back? Seems a very unusual failure. Had the back stuck and excessive force required?
I wouldn’t say excessive it was difficult to pull the seat back up and cracked in doing so!

I wouldn’t say excessive it was difficult to pull the seat back up and cracked in doing so!
The seat is designed to protect passengers in the event of a severe crash, any cracks in the structure just from raising from the lowered position would seem to point to a significant fault.
It sounds like a warranty claim, the VOSA organisation should also be advised.

If you mean the plastic backing on the rear of the seat then that won't be structural, purely there to hide all the gubbins so shouldn't be a problem safetywise. If it's some other part of the seat structure then as the previous post says you need to get it checked out.
Difficult to understand how it got cracked unless you had something in the boot that jammed in it.
Have you got a picture?

The DVSA would not be interested but you should approach VW and explain the issue. There may have been a flaw in the moulding of your particular back. The plastic may be capable of plastic welding but would look terrible.
Sometimes the mechanism seems stuck but if you move the base on the runners it normally frees.

hi I’ve just cracked the back of the back seat/bed by trying to get the back of the seat up!! Any ideas on how I can fix this? Devestated!!
Ok, before people go off in all directions with informing May and Trump, can we have a pic to understand what exactly broke please?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk