Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bad smell

J

John nicol

Hi everybody at christmas took delivery of a new califonia 4 motion auto most of the time it has been parked up today decided to take for drive to saumur to whatch horse ball on the way there the smell was not good on the way back it was worse. The smell was coming from the heater so decided to investigate started with the pollen filter bingo found a nest of mice not much left of the filter cleaned out all the mess replaced cover without filter until I can get a replacement. Does anybody know what might help to keep the mice away. No cat jokes

Poor you :shocked
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3043
See my post re rats in the Cali

We had booked a travelodge in Monmouth for a long weekend prior to buying our van where there was a rat problem

All though we have not had a problem since I have put bate blocks under the bonnet just in case 2 over by the battery to the other side may worth putting some in situ

I am sure your mice must have found the way in under the bonnet Our wiring repair cost £225 and was not covered by VW and Travelodge refused to accept that they were responsible although environmental health said there was a problem

You could also put a bate box under the Cali were you are parked up

Hi all might have the answer to the mouse prov found elec ultrasonic rodent repellent on eBay it runs on 12 volt made in Germany. I have ordered one

Fingers crossed then john :thumb lets hope it works. If its like the mains ones you can buy it does take a little while to work. Good luck :thumb

I had a very bad small in my van a few days ago. I made a paste of bicarbonate and water, half a bottle, shaked well, threw it in the sink, and the next day, the smell was gone!!! Bicarbonate powder is so powerful and cheap for cleaning.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Sad
Back