Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery Charger Issues

qyou

qyou

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi everyone, could do with anyone's help or advice.

I am the very proud owner of a 2002 Westfalia California Event, bought it last February and so far alls well. But I have been having problems with the leisure battery. I replaced the battery with a new Sonnenschein 2 weeks ago, left light in in jab accidentally for about 20 hours and discovered battery symbol flashing. Light still worked but heater and fridge would not due to low voltage.

I hooked up and had it on charge for 48 hours after which battery symbol still flashed, the Plug in symbol was showing, all cables and fuses and trip switch all in order,

still flashing battery symbol??

When I turned the ignition on for a few seconds revving the engine a little then turned off engine and ignition, battery symbol stopped flashing and the battery scale appeared small battery read out, with a gap, then large battery read out.

However this only lasted for a few seconds then the battery symbol started flashing again. My thinking is the engine is charging the LB slightly but the hook up isn't.

I think I may need a replacement battery charger? Any thoughts, how do you check if your charger is broke? I expect it's the original Philips charger.

If I need to change the charger what do people think about the IUoU Automatic Battery Charger BLG20M12V_S ?

Has anyone fitted one of these?

How easy are they to fit?

I'm handy but basic diy. I'd prefer to get a fellow Westy with experience to fit if I can, I'm in Bristol so if anyone knows of someone that would be great. Phooo

Got that off my chest

:bananadance2

Back