Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery control resistor

R

Ray walsh

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi everyone. Could any one help please??? Would any one no or have a picture of the battery control resistor plz

Hi everyone. Could any one help please??? Would any one no or have a picture of the battery control resistor plz
Sorry. Not sure what you mean by " the battery control resister ". According to the T5 California wiring diagrams in the VIP Download Section there is no such component.

Earth Shunt? That's effectively a resistor

Welcome on your firts post and your first question ....a problem...:D

Give some more info on what you afther , do you mean the inverter that changes 220v to 12v charging the battery's when on hoop-up ?

It's only showing 4volt and keeps saying voltage playability fault on the unit if that helps friend of mine said it's the resistor? I have no clue

Sorry. Not sure what you mean by " the battery control resister ". According to the T5 California wiring diagrams in the VIP Download Section there is no such component.
Hi sorry new to all this where in the VIP sec is it cheers ray

The downloadsection has electrical sheduals etc...but if you are not familiar to your Cali i suggest read some topics on the forum regarding battery's and inverters and/or see your dealer.

It's only showing 4volt and keeps saying voltage playability fault on the unit if that helps friend of mine said it's the resistor? I have no clue
I appreciate you may not have a clue, unfortunately I don't think your friend has either.
I presume you are referring to the Control Panel above the Rear View Mirror?

If so carry out this procedure.

Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Press L lower button . Wait 30 seconds and the Press L lower button again.

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

Is the Display back to normal?

I appreciate you may not have a clue, unfortunately I don't think your friend has either.
I presume you are referring to the Control Panel above the Rear View Mirror?

If so carry out this procedure.

Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Press L lower button . Wait 30 seconds and the Press L lower button again.

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

Is the Display back to normal?
Cheers I will check in the morning

That's sorted on the 2014 vehicle, owned by the OP.
Did he say there was a problem with it or just do we know where there is a picture of one?

Did he say there was a problem with it or just do we know where there is a picture of one?
The OP has a message on the Control Panel and a friend said it was the " Battery control resister ". As above, I've suggested he checks for any Diagnostic codes stored on the Control Panel in the first instance.