Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery problems, help required

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I guess this post will be moved to another section, but I cannot find a technical forum.

After my 6000 mile trek to Nordkapp and back my battery is now flat.

Can anyone tell me what should be seen on the battery screen.

Thank you

See attached.IMG_20190702_154115.jpg

That picture shows it charged, idle, not plugged in and no engine running, with an empty water tank. Looks completely normal.
The 0.2 amp draw is the control panel itself.

Why do you think it is flat?

Assuming you are referring to the Leisure Battery?
Is the display photo current... says it’s Wednesday? If so as @Loz says , looks normal.

Photo take about 30 minutes ago.

Ah, it is the leasure battery. Nothing to do with the vehicle battery then?

Silly me. Do you know how to check the engine battery to see if it is still in good working order?

Thank you both

A multimeter on the battery or perhaps a simple 12v volt meter that can be plugged into the cupholder socket will give you an idea.

Thank you

The van won't start. Just completed 6000 miles no pblems, get home and the battery is flat!

Photo take about 30 minutes ago.

Ah, it is the leasure battery. Nothing to do with the vehicle battery then?

Silly me. Do you know how to check the engine battery to see if it is still in good working order?

Thank you both
Check the type of starter battery you have as there are a large number of faulty MOLL batteries that VW will change out under warranty.

The
I guess this post will be moved to another section, but I cannot find a technical forum

Not that hard to find

Do you leave anything plugged in the 12v sockets in the dash?
How old is the battery ?
Does the alternator still works ?

Check the type of starter battery you have as there are a large number of faulty MOLL batteries that VW will change out under warranty.
They were on the T6 I believe. If the OP’s details are correct he has a T5.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
I charged the battery over night. It read just over 12v. I trqaied starting the van, very slow turnover, a beep of the horn and that's it. Even my 1000 A booster couldn't start it.

Could I change my current battery (black one) for the Blue one? not an exact match though See pics

IMG_20190701_230828.jpg

IMG_20190701_230802.jpg

If you’ve charged it, it’s worth a trip down to Halfords and get them to do a battery check just to confirm that it’s duff. I thought I had a dodgy battery and they checked it and said it was fine.

If you’ve charged it, it’s worth a trip down to Halfords and get them to do a battery check just to confirm that it’s duff. I thought I had a dodgy battery and they checked it and said it was fine.

The problem is I can't start the van.
I´d go for another 85Ah

I agree but the blue battery is a spare in our garage, And it may not be a battery problem after all. Could it be a glow pug problem?

And why would the horn beep?

The van may be bluemotion and setup for a AGM battery, is the blue one AGM?

The van may be bluemotion and setup for a AGM battery, is the blue one AGM?

It is a 4 Motion model, auto. What is AGM?

If that's a spare on then put it on till you get the
right Ah one.

I personally would try the spare battery, or use jump leads with another vehicle

That is what we are planning but life is never that easy. The van is parked with the engine facing up the drive and there is not enough enough room to bring a car next to it without pushing it up the drive.

We will attempt that shortly.

Plugged in my son's fault finder thingy and it came up with this.IMG_20190703_122929.jpg

Plugged in my son's fault finder thingy and it came up with this.View attachment 47058
That will not cause flat battery & slow turn over.
I would remove battery & leave on charge for a couple of days on a good quality charger.
Or as others have suggested jump start & get Halfords to test it & go from there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk