Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Draining battery

C

chris taylor

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Help required my 2008 Cali has developed a problem with my battery going flat after 2 days if not used. my local garage has identified a fuse just under the dash (center) which they say should only be drawing 0.003 amp when van left overnight but they are saying it is drawing 0.2 amps as a temporary fix I’m pulling the fuse out overnight. The fuse is the third fuse on the top row a red 20 amp fuse and seems to control the internal lights / alarm and the blowers and A/C. The garage say this could be a wiring loom fault the heater control panel or the Computer unit and all this would involve taking the dashboard out. Is there a known problem before I hand the van over and lots of money to boot
Look forward to you help

Help required my 2008 Cali has developed a problem with my battery going flat after 2 days if not used. my local garage has identified a fuse just under the dash (center) which they say should only be drawing 0.003 amp when van left overnight but they are saying it is drawing 0.2 amps as a temporary fix I’m pulling the fuse out overnight. The fuse is the third fuse on the top row a red 20 amp fuse and seems to control the internal lights / alarm and the blowers and A/C. The garage say this could be a wiring loom fault the heater control panel or the Computer unit and all this would involve taking the dashboard out. Is there a known problem before I hand the van over and lots of money to boot
Look forward to you help
the fuse is a red 10amp not as quoted above

Back