Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery removal for charging - cause any issues?

A

AndyFromTheBrac

Guest User
Hi

My Cali is currently stored temporarily in a secure location with no power available.

So i was thinking of removing the battery to charge fully. The battery would be out for a few days (car battery only, not the leisure units).

Would this be likely to do anything funky to the electrics if I did this? E.g. reset the control panel, immobiliser or RNS510 etc?

Thanks

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At a guess I would say the van would loose all it's settings, or at least any that do not get stored on non volatile memory. There are gizmos around that put power into the cigar lighter to avoid loosing settings.

I would say that if you didn't need to remove it, i.e. if it starts when you go to collect it, then leave it be and take it for a nice drive. If you need to remove it that it's not a huge problem, I have removed mine when I fitted the towbar. You'll need to do the obvious things like set the clocks but also to re learn the electric window one touch but that's very simple - When you know how of course :laugh2

thanks guys, I appreciate the advice... I think I'll leave in situ as the father in law has been out to check and all seems fine.

Probably me just being a worrywart over my baby being left alone for a couple of months ;)

Back