Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery

Brownbetty

Brownbetty

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I need advice, I'm going away for two months so the van is going to be idol the leisure batteries I'm not bother about because I've got solar power going to them but my engine battery does not get anything topping it up, so would it be alright left on its less than two yrs old or should I take it off and ask my neighbour too trickle charge it which I could set up before we leave he is checking the house for us. Thanks in advance

I'm no expert, but did I read that once the leisure batteries were full, there was an unintended feature that the starter battery started to receive charge too? Would your solar work in the same way, once the leisure 2 were full? I am sure someone better informed will be along soon to say yay or nay.

I'm no expert, but did I read that once the leisure batteries were full, there was an unintended feature that the starter battery started to receive charge too? Would your solar work in the same way, once the leisure 2 were full? I am sure someone better informed will be along soon to say yay or nay.
I've also heard that but can't be sure so if it's going to be idle for two months I want to be sure & not come back to a dead battery ☹️

I'm just thinking about having a panel fitted...... my concern is also regarding the engine battery..... does anyone have a definitive answer regarding this please?

Back