Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BBQ EQUIPMENT RECOMMENDATIONS!

We also have Tupike which I like very much. Nicely made.

It seems you can close the lid on this, a bit like a kettle bbq effect. What would that do on a gas bbq? I suppose it would have an oven effect but not sure it would enhance flavour??
Closing the lid could be good for doing toast, Its not really high enough to roast a chicken etc, but will help retain the heat of BBQ'ing if in a windy spot and will cook a bit quicker.

On a chilly October afternoon we drove into the West Wittering beach car park and pulled up next to a T6 transporter.

They got out their Cobb, we got out our Cadac. Ten minutes later we were eating our sausages in baguettes; they were still faffing about trying to light their Cobb.
We have had a Cobb for a few years now and had the same problem.

I only realised last year that the best way to light the brickette is to hold it up in the cage with the handle and light it from below....Doh!!

So obvious when you think about it.

Alan

We also have Tupike which I like very much. Nicely made.

It seems you can close the lid on this, a bit like a kettle bbq effect. What would that do on a gas bbq? I suppose it would have an oven effect but not sure it would enhance flavour??
Yes we have a Tupike, which is great, hence the question about the Kuchoma. It looks like a pretty solid bit of kit, as you would expect from Primus. I think it can be used to give an oven effect as well with the lid, but probably not tall enough for roasts.

Last edited:
Just want to find the best BBQ product most suitable for touring in my Cali. Compactness is all important as well of course as good performance. I would really welcome your recommendations and advice!

Csdac safari che2 fr9m me if your looking for a compact one

Cadac Safari Chef 2 if its compact your after mainlybdue to the options you can get with it

A vote for the Campingaz party grill - very similar to Cadac - versatile, simple and easy to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to find the best BBQ product most suitable for touring in my Cali. Compactness is all important as well of course as good performance. I would really welcome your recommendations and advice!
Party grill is just perfect. Does everything and no need for a frying pan or anything. Highly recommend.

Doubles as an amazing firepit - with Lifetime Warranty but you pay through the nose for it (but only once :)

Folds flat so is easily stored. But it's heavy as it's stainless steel.

1671220165751.png1671220165751.png

I got an outdoorchef minichef gas bbq. I think it's not as compact as others but it's an extremely good barbecue. Have been using the larger home version for years and decided to go for the portable one too. it's awesome for both direct and indirect cooking.

Weber Smokey Joe, I've had mine since 1995.

Totally agree with the Cobb preference. Heats up quickly yet stays hot for a long time for coffee and tea afterwards. Doesn't need much fuel, and doesn't take up much space when packed away.

Doubles as an amazing firepit - with Lifetime Warranty but you pay through the nose for it (but only once :)

Folds flat so is easily stored. But it's heavy as it's stainless steel.

View attachment 103176View attachment 103176
Sorry for the delay in replying I have ben away since posting my request. Thanks for taking the trouble of including pics. I will check it out thanks! Appears to be what I am seeking

we have been through the following bbqs
1. Cadac Safari. hated it. Too difficult to clean. Poor cooking results
2. Webber go anywhere. Charcoal. Great little bbq. Bit big to store. Eventually fell apart
3. Webber Q gas. Great. Too big
4. TakibI fire and grill. Genius. Folds flat. Built for life. Doubles as fire pit. the best by miles. Not cheap

7DC8DF6F-23E0-46CD-94EF-B4C986819857.jpeg

We have the skotti grill and cap.
Dismantles flat, and can be used with gas or charcoal and then be used as a firepit. Difficult/expensive to get in the UK now though as there aren't many suppliers who ship to the UK

Previously we had a cadac. For us, that took up foo much space and I hated cleaning it.

we have been through the following bbqs
1. Cadac Safari. hated it. Too difficult to clean. Poor cooking results
2. Webber go anywhere. Charcoal. Great little bbq. Bit big to store. Eventually fell apart
3. Webber Q gas. Great. Too big
4. TakibI fire and grill. Genius. Folds flat. Built for life. Doubles as fire pit. the best by miles. Not cheap

View attachment 103255
Excuse me Sir, it seems your wife's legs are fire.
Yes, they are very good.
No, I mean they are on fire :D:D:D:D:D

We have the skotti grill and cap.
Dismantles flat, and can be used with gas or charcoal and then be used as a firepit. Difficult/expensive to get in the UK now though as there aren't many suppliers who ship to the UK

Previously we had a cadac. For us, that took up foo much space and I hated cleaning it.

Came across an ad on IG for the Skotti. Really caught my attention. Here in Germany its about 150 Euro which seems like a reasonable price for the quality, versatility and compactness when not in use.

Back