WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion

Thanks for the information.

I have Ghost 2 installed on my car and have had no issues, and was thinking about getting it installed on our new Cali. Might need to reconsider in light of this.

I have had ghost plus immobiliser - use every day for two years and had no problems- i know @Loz has similar experience.
No matter how good a system there is always the exception - IMHO

Waiting on a new van which is going to be parked on the street I've been looking into these sorts of systems.

As far as I understand it the van already has an immobiliser which I guess is linked to the key. What is the advantage of a system like Ghost 2? Is it only that it stops someone with a key (i.e they robbed your house) from taking the van because they need to enter a 'password' (button press combination) to start the engine?

Waiting on a new van which is going to be parked on the street I've been looking into these sorts of systems.

As far as I understand it the van already has an immobiliser which I guess is linked to the key. What is the advantage of a system like Ghost 2? Is it only that it stops someone with a key (i.e they robbed your house) from taking the van because they need to enter a 'password' (button press combination) to start the engine?
Yes correct - Autowatch will also offer a discount on a trackers if you have it fitted at same time.
Both give you discounts on insurance with Comfort.
Mine was brand new 2 years ago and i had a brand new cavalier sri stolen off my drive so the Ghost would have prevented it (they got keys via garage).
well worth peace of mind in my HO.

Yes correct - Autowatch will also offer a discount on a trackers if you have it fitted at same time.
Both give you discounts on insurance with Comfort.
Mine was brand new 2 years ago and i had a brand new cavalier sri stolen off my drive so the Ghost would have prevented it (they got keys via garage).
well worth peace of mind in my HO.
I don't think Comfort will insure you if you're parked on the road. I had to change insurers because of this.