Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach 3 Bench Carpets

Richy

Richy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,
I'm just about to order some floor carpets for my 3 bench beach from California.camping-de, but I've been informed that they catch the trays under the seats when moving the bench back and forward, is this much of an issue or am I being to picky ?
I called QTMdirect earlier and they don't even have templates for a 3 seat Beach, not much on eBay either so California-camping seem to be the only real option.
I'm wondering if I one else has them and would they recommend them !

Cheers Richy

Richly
It was me that made the comment I think.
We honestly don't find it an issue as the trays only take a few seconds to pull out slightly, but we don't move the bench very much as we sleep up top and the kids are in a tent with the dog. We only noticed over the May Day holiday when the kids slept inside as it was still near zero outside.
Other than this the carpets are great, fit well footprint wise and look classy.The trays catching is an indication of the thickness of the pile.
A few others on here have them and will no doubt give their opinion, but it probably depends on how often you intend moving the bench as to whether it would bother you.

Richly
It was me that made the comment I think.
We honestly don't find it an issue as the trays only take a few seconds to pull out slightly, but we don't move the bench very much as we sleep up top and the kids are in a tent with the dog. We only noticed over the May Day holiday when the kids slept inside as it was still near zero outside.
Other than this the carpets are great, fit well footprint wise and look classy.The trays catching is an indication of the thickness of the pile.
A few others on here have them and will no doubt give their opinion, but it probably depends on how often you intend moving the bench as to whether it would bother you.
Hi Archie,
yes, I think you did comment on another post.
Thanks for taking the time to comment again,
I think your right when you say the drawers sticking it's an indication of how thick the pile is.
Everything else I've seen looks cheap, and going on past experience if you buy cheap you buy twice !.
I take it that they look good and fit well in the front too ?

Cheers Richy

Haha...brilliant. Can I ask where you bought your seat covers....Nice :thumb
I got them from Turtlecover on EBay. £59.00 for the rear bench. They also do matching front and rear swivel covers.

I had a carpet set from Ebay 59.99 delivered and it fits pretty well but is hard wearing rather than luxirious.

I also took my 3 seat beach over to to Nick to get measured up for the club carpets which are coming along soon. I don't know the ETA for these but if you aren't in a rush you could wait and see whats available on that front?

92e61e71c24c55b8bfdc3f61b101dee9.jpg

Also included the boot area carpet too. I haven't had any trouble with them getting caught at all when sliding the bed as they extend underneath the drawers.

I had a carpet set from Ebay 59.99 delivered and it fits pretty well but is hard wearing rather than luxirious.

I also took my 3 seat beach over to to Nick to get measured up for the club carpets which are coming along soon. I don't know the ETA for these but if you aren't in a rush you could wait and see whats available on that front?

How did the £59 carpets fit your beach ?

It might be worth the wait, I have to wait 4-6 weeks on INKA waterproof seat covers too !

There seem at be a pattern developing here with these VW California's
You have to be patient and WAIT....;)

92e61e71c24c55b8bfdc3f61b101dee9.jpg

Also included the boot area carpet too. I haven't had any trouble with them getting caught at all when sliding the bed as they extend underneath the drawers.
Hi MattBW,
Do you still have a link for these ?

I've got the same ones as Matt (£59 off eBay). As he says they are certainly not luxurious but at least there are no issues with catching on the seat when you move it, and the fit is really good.

And delivery from Germany only took 3 days!

They fit great to be fair, they extend all the way under the bench and meet with the rear carpet. This means the drawers can slide in and out on the carpet without any issues (and in fact help keep them flat) and the seat slides without any issues. They were well packaged and after a little time settled completely flat.

I haven't fixed them down to the floor and they stay in place without any issues, far better then expected.

Only real downside, the material is hard wearing thus quite coarse and has no edging. Dog hairs stick to them really well. ;)

I will probably go for some club carpets when they are available, the ones I have now are good hard wearing ones for protection but probably not as comfortable or nice in appearance as the club ones will be. I believe as Nick measured the 3 seat beach and had a look at these rugs they will probably fit in a similar fashion.

Back