Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach 6.1 Ordered

This is what’s on the invoice order ZV3 - 3 Seat Bench Reclining Mchnsm Multi-Flex
Is that what you mean?
Do you realise looking at the spec you've loaded up in the other thread that you havn't ordered a 3 seater bench? you've ordered a 2 seater with an additional single middle row seat.
This is what’s on the invoice order ZV3 - 3 Seat Bench Reclining Mchnsm Multi-Flex

The spec you uploaded shows:

1 swivel seat w/ longitudinal adjustment on rail system
And
Storage net in roof bed access opening, 2nd drawer in bench seat instead of load-through hatch
and
2-seater bench (movable) with reclining seat mechanism, multi-flex board

The swivel seat is for the middle row, the 2nd draw only fits on the 2 seater bench and the final item confirms its a 2 seater.

The spec you uploaded shows:

1 swivel seat w/ longitudinal adjustment on rail system
And
Storage net in roof bed access opening, 2nd drawer in bench seat instead of load-through hatch
and
2-seater bench (movable) with reclining seat mechanism, multi-flex board

The swivel seat is for the middle row, the 2nd draw only fits on the 2 seater bench and the final item confirms its a 2 seater.
Thank you and I have double checked this specification was the one before the last one which did include 3-seater bench (movable) with reclining seat mechanism, multi-flex - I’ve checked the invoice as well and the last email sent to VW. Thank you very much though for making me double check.

Amarillo is absolutely right.
I’m looking now and there’s some very good none electric types as well that keep cool for days. I’m going to do my homework and have a look. I’ll send to the group what I chose and why, again thanks and to @Amarillo

Really interested to hear that you got yours so quick. I do wonder if because it‘s a beach the delivery is faster, I do hope so but I’m resigned to March / April (ish) - where did you buy yours from UK?
Yes it's a UK build, it seems beaches do seem to arrive quicker than others at the moment.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

So you recommend completely replace the fridge with one of these. Expensive but if it’s saving on power and keeps it cool then looks like VFM.

Yes.

The thermoelectric cooler will drain your leisure battery in 8-12 hours unless you are on hookup or the engine is charging your leisure battery.

The compressor fridge will run for four days without draining your leisure battery, and will cut out when it notices a voltage drop indicating low battery.

I’m sure that cheap thermoelectric coolers have their place, but not as a camping fridge.

Don’t be too scared by the Dometic list price of these compressor fridges. Keep your eye on Amazon and you will find offers of about half the list price pop up from time to time.

We position our fridge either behind the front passenger seat where it is accessible on the move to the front passenger or rear passengers, or under the multiflex in the rear. In either position it is strapped in place to prevent movement.

When camping it goes in the kitchen area of the awning, still powered by 12v van electrics. We keep our leisure battery topped up by roof rail mounted solar panels.

Between June 2017 and June 2018 we toured Europe as a family of four (children aged 2 & 3). For a period of six months we didn’t hook up to mains electricity once.

Roof rail mounted solar panels and a compressor fridge are a dream combination.

In the summer the fridge can be used as a freezer, stuffed full of ice creams and ice lollies to keep a multitude of people cool at a hot beauty spot.

I’m looking now and there’s some very good none electric types as well that keep cool for days. I’m going to do my homework and have a look. I’ll send to the group what I chose and why, again thanks and to @Amarillo
I so wish I'd gone straight to compressor fridge rather than go round the houses for a years trying all sorts of ice boxes and thermoelectric coolers. For the money I spent on these I could have just bought the Dometic compressor fridge anyway! I just balked at the price. Can literally run that beauty indefinitely on our 100w solar panel. If you don't want to go the premium price Dometic route, forum members also recommend makes such as Dellonda and Alpicool.

Back