Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Headlight Upgrade

You are of course 100% correct I've got the bulbs round the wrong way, but if we ignore the bulb numbers I don't see how, as Gazellio has suggested, putting a single filament bulb in place of a dual filament bulb is going to make anything any better, surely you end up with no main beam or have I missed something fundamental.
I presume the new lights will have 2x single filament bulbs, as the LEDs will do the job of the DRLs, so 1 for Main and 1 for Dipped with possibly better reflectors. Unlikely to have both bulbs powered on Main Beam without some coding changes.

I presume the new lights will have 2x single filament bulbs, as the LEDs will do the job of the DRLs, so 1 for Main and 1 for Dipped with possibly better reflectors. Unlikely to have both bulbs powered on Main Beam without some coding changes.
Correct. Plus I believe for dipped they use a projector setup rather than reflector.

Quote:

Hi Gary yes that’s right.

As soon as we have the stock we will be testing a simple loom that allows both lights to be on with main beam.

When we are happy with it, we’ll offer this as a free extra if people want it.

Regards

Andy
TransporterHQ

Quote:

Hi Gary yes that’s right.

As soon as we have the stock we will be testing a simple loom that allows both lights to be on with main beam.

When we are happy with it, we’ll offer this as a free extra if people want it.

Regards

Andy
TransporterHQ
As @WelshGas said you would think they would do this with coding. Certainly if you upgrade H4s to H7s you can achieve it that way.

Back