Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Headlight adjustment screw stuck

A

ALFIrE

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hey,
My headlights - LED T6 - are way to height.
It's an easy fix, when the adjustment screw is not blocked...
Was able to do right side, but left side doesn't budge at all.
Anyone had this before?

I opened up the plastic cap which holds the screw.
Underneath are 2 plastic gears, that control the third one that rotates into the headlight.
Unfortunately completely completely stuck...
Tried some lubrificant without luck so far.
These units are very expensive so I'm a bit afraid to use to much force...

Hey,
Anyone had this before?

Underneath are 2 plastic gears, that control the third one that rotates into the headlight.
Do you not have an adjuster rotary switch on the Dashboard to adjust headlamps for different vehicle loads?
Does that control work?IMG_2302.jpeg

no, don't have that.
Probably because the LED are self levelling...
I don't know about the T6, but other vehicles with self levelling headlights have movement of the headlights on engine start as the headlights adjust to the stance of the vehicle. Does that happen on the T6?

I don't know about the T6, but other vehicles with self levelling headlights have movement of the headlights on engine start as the headlights adjust to the stance of the vehicle. Does that happen on the T6?
yes, it does!
goes up and down and levels.

The plastic screw is now soaking is wd40, was able to lift the collar a liitle so hoping the oil seeks through

yes, it does!
goes up and down and levels.

The plastic screw is now soaking is wd40, was able to lift the collar a liitle so hoping the oil seeks through
Do the gears move with ignition or engine start?

So you see the gears move on each side when the Ignition is turned On?
There's two different adjustments on the LED headlights, the manual screw adjuster that sets the aim at the starting position. Then there is the motorised automatic leveller that moves them from the base position depending on the van loading. In this case its the base position adjuster that has seized.

Hey,
Anyone had this before?

I know you’re asking about the manual adjusters but Have you checked the level sensors on the suspension aren’t damaged or come detached ? Also If you’ve had any suspension work done the auto level threshold may need resetting.
This may help https://www.t6forum.com/threads/led-headlight-adjustment.8726/

I know you’re asking about the manual adjusters but Have you checked the level sensors on the suspension aren’t damaged or come detached ? Also If you’ve had any suspension work done the auto level threshold may need resetting.
This may help https://www.t6forum.com/threads/led-headlight-adjustment.8726/
Thats a good shout - especially if both headlights are too high by the same amount. I didn't think there was any adjustability on them though. So the way to adjust the auto level threshold is to use the adjusters on the headlights...........

These are what you need to check are still attached properly:level sensor.jpeg

Back