Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach internal space

benmac

benmac

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi everyone,

I collect my new Beach with 3 seat rear bench here in Portugal next month and am looking at rear kitchen module options and not what is the ideal depth of the kitchen so that there is functional space to sit/eat with the family inside the cabin when we are camping!

I am looking at either a 750mm or 600mm deep pull out drawer with kitchen modules and wonder if the 750mm will leave too little space inside the cabin?

Any thoughts based on your experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

Tricky one - the beach is very versatile and the internal space is determined by a number of factors - like; where the rear seat is set / where the multi-flex board is set (allowing for bulky items / storage tubs in the boot) / where the passenger seat is set - will you be using the downstairs bed regularly ? - because you will need to leave space for setting up. Where will you put the fridge / food storage etc etc ? - We have fine tuned our Beach layout to the mm and couldnt have done it without all the 'component' parts in place.

My advice would be to wait til you have the van and take it out a few times. Its great fun optimising the van for your particular requirements but will probably take you a few goes to get it right - its all fair and well buying the odd plastic tub and finding it surplus to requirements - but not so much fun if youve spent £1000s on a module.

My advice is avoid sink / water / grey water in the van - the limited capacity makes it impractical

Hi everyone,

I collect my new Beach with 3 seat rear bench here in Portugal next month and am looking at rear kitchen module options and not what is the ideal depth of the kitchen so that there is functional space to sit/eat with the family inside the cabin when we are camping!

I am looking at either a 750mm or 600mm deep pull out drawer with kitchen modules and wonder if the 750mm will leave too little space inside the cabin?

Any thoughts based on your experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ben
Get a module that is easy to take out, then if you need more space you can just move it outside & cook under the awning when on a trip, or, stick it in the garage when back at home.

Tricky one - the beach is very versatile and the internal space is determined by a number of factors - like; where the rear seat is set / where the multi-flex board is set (allowing for bulky items / storage tubs in the boot) / where the passenger seat is set - will you be using the downstairs bed regularly ? - because you will need to leave space for setting up. Where will you put the fridge / food storage etc etc ? - We have fine tuned our Beach layout to the mm and couldnt have done it without all the 'component' parts in place.

My advice would be to wait til you have the van and take it out a few times. Its great fun optimising the van for your particular requirements but will probably take you a few goes to get it right - its all fair and well buying the odd plastic tub and finding it surplus to requirements - but not so much fun if youve spent £1000s on a module.

My advice is avoid sink / water / grey water in the van - the limited capacity makes it impractical
Hey Cali Fate, thanks!
We will use the downstairs bed a lot as we are a family of 4. Plan so far is to have removable pods on a sliding drawer at the rear and ideally remove the MFB and replace with a new unit like the Calibox to get a bit more height so we can have slightly larger fridge like the Dometic cxf 45.
Good advice waiting till we get the van to configure the best use of space and I agree about avoiding the sink/grey water in the van, it seems there is just not enough space for everything.

Get a module that is easy to take out, then if you need more space you can just move it outside & cook under the awning when on a trip, or, stick it in the garage when back at home.

Will take a look thanks

Back