Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Milan Anthracite....

B

bournemouthbeach

VIP Member
Evening thought I would share a couple of pic's of our new Beach with the New Milan Anthracite....

We hadnt seen it but were over the moon with how it looks both very happy... :bananadance

Hope this helps anyone who has ordered it or thinking about ordering it.....

Bill hope this helps...

Shaun & Victoria

Interior beach1.jpg Interior beach2.jpg

I think the darker interior is more practical for going away but I like the sense of fun the Takato brings, especially to the yellow Beaches.

EHU interesting, do you still have the 12v?

James

James said:
I think the darker interior is more practical for going away but I like the sense of fun the Takato brings, especially to the yellow Beaches.

James

Hi James

Still got 12v very lucky to get EHU week build 46 was the change and the week ours was being built... :D

James what sort of milage you getting out of tyres and brakes??

We have been offered service and maintenance deal over three years just trying to do some sums... :thanks

Cheers

Shaun

bournemouthbeach said:
James said:

James

Hi James

Still got 12v very lucky to get EHU week build 46 was the change and the week ours was being built... :D

James what sort of milage you getting out of tyres and brakes??

We have been offered service and maintenance deal over three years just trying to do some sums... :thanks

Cheers

Shaun

I got about 29 000 out of the front pair - still on the original rears. I bought a service plan when I got the van, I've had my 2nd service now.

Brakes still seem fine, it had a service recently

It seems to go through a lot of wipers front and rear, I say a lot, I've had to change the front and the rear needs changing and I hardly use that.

I got the servicing package because mine is a daily driver.

James

Looks great! I notice the 240v plug can I ask do you have a hook up socket on the out side of the van? if so do you have a picture? I was reading the new Beach Spec list and it listed a 12v-240v adapter which didn't quite make it clear as to whether it has a external hook up or just an inverter.

Thanks

rippers said:
Looks great! I notice the 240v plug can I ask do you have a hook up socket on the out side of the van? if so do you have a picture? I was reading the new Beach Spec list and it listed a 12v-240v adapter which didn't quite make it clear as to whether it has a external hook up or just an inverter.

Thanks

Evening hook up socket on n/s rear panel, No pic yet but can get one...

Hook Up is standard on all beaches built on and after week 45... Or as VW say on orders placed after week 45... Ours was built week 45 so we we're just really jammy..... :smile

Shaun & Victoria

Cool, I just bought a Beach today (2nd hand) so looking to retro fit a hook up on ours. If you get a chance to take a pic that would be great

Evening Shaun,

Like James, I got around 30k out of my front tyres on the Caravelle
I'm still on the original disk pads at 62k and being an automatic, you tend to use them more.
Pretty good for a big lump of a vehicle.

Bill

rippers said:
Cool, I just bought a Beach today (2nd hand) so looking to retro fit a hook up on ours. If you get a chance to take a pic that would be great

The best way to retrofit the hook up probably won't be the body itself, there are few members here I know who have retrofitted. I've seen a very clever under the engine bay arrangement.

I am not saying it is not impossible but bear in mmd the bodywork and the trim you will have to go through, there will be easier ways, even they won't be quite as smart as the standard EHU.

I prefer the Takato Cloth, it's just more fun, that said, if I was going away regularly, I'd sacrifice that for the Milan, the darker interior etc is surely going to be more forgiving with prolonged camping use.

James

Does the new 230v supply have a small consumer unit somewhere In the van.

For Rippers,
Hope this maybe of some help regarding hookup.

I have fitted mains hookup as follows,

Remove the rear light cluster - only 2 screws, and hold it securely using elastic bungie.
Cut a hole in the body trim below the light cluster (arrrgghhhh!!!) - a least its plastic, and fit a euro 3 pin surface mount IP44 connector. I did have to trim some plastic off the back as its a tight fit in there.
Push a mains cable through the rubber seal and behind the trim to the 'locker'.

I bought a camping mains outlet with double pole MCB and an RCD and fitted that inside the locker along with a Ctek MSX 5.0 battery charger.

No more pushing a mains cable through the window. :thumb

Regards
Gary

photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG

Thanks Gary I quite like what you have done, I am really green when it comes to leisure batteries and wiring so with that in might can I ask a few silly questions. You have fitted a battery charger what is this for? The leisure battery? I thought the leisure battery in a beach was under the passenger seat? If that is right how did you connect it?

Hi,

The charger is for the leisure battery, which is under the passenger seat.

I have taken the cable through the slot in the locker (yes, the one I cut out!! arrrgghh again) and tucked into the carpet trim and into the leisure battery. The Ctek charger comes with both croc clips and an eyelet cable. The charger 'plugs in' to these adapters.
Have a look at http://www.ctek.com/int/en/chargers/MXS 5.0

Cheers
Gary

This is great I have one on order with the same interior colour choice. Great to see how it looks. Can I ask what the plugs are is it a 3 pin socket and a ? The salesman was quite vague on this and could not give me much information. Also is the the only socket located in the Beach.