Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

One of these for your Beach?

redredzimmer said:
James said:
Nice Caravelle table for your Beach?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Caravelle- ... fresh=true

I know you have one in the door, but thought this was interesting :)

James

These come up regularly on eBay, but I think it would just end up in the way.

lol I know - I'm not actually that big a fan of them in the Caravelle to be honest. If you have a one slider Multivan - above a Startline you have the traditional fold up table from the side wall, which I think i prefer

James

I have thought about one of these it would be good in 7 seat mode for the kids to my mind. But.... you need the dual centre rail system from the caravelle. They will not fit the beach rails as they stand as the spacing will be wrong. The thought of ripping the interior out to change the floor worries me more than a little! Does anyone have any ideas or experience on just removing the existing rails and then cutting the hardboard floor in-situ to widen the openings prior to bolting in the centre double rails from a caravelle? Thoughts appreciated!

Steve.

SteveM said:
I have thought about one of these it would be good in 7 seat mode for the kids to my mind. But.... you need the dual centre rail system from the caravelle. They will not fit the beach rails as they stand as the spacing will be wrong. The thought of ripping the interior out to change the floor worries me more than a little! Does anyone have any ideas or experience on just removing the existing rails and then cutting the hardboard floor in-situ to widen the openings prior to bolting in the centre double rails from a caravelle? Thoughts appreciated!

Steve.

I didn't know the rail system was different in the Beach to the Velle, I hadn't really thought about it.

So the rails are in a different place?

James

Yes Caravelles have six rails. Four match the ones in the Beach and are for attaching the seats. There are however two addition rails in the centre for this table. This allows the table to move between the indivdual seats in 7 seat mode. They are formed into a double rail see:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floor-with-ra ... 1351482479

Still interested in thoughts of cutting in situ the floor or difficulty of changing the floor to add this double rail. I guess this is a question that SE folks need to solve to add a third rail for the fifth seat if not supplied from the factory?

Steve.

SteveM said:
Yes Caravelles have six rails. Four match the ones in the Beach and are for attaching the seats. There are however two addition rails in the centre for this table. This allows the table to move between the indivdual seats in 7 seat mode. They are formed into a double rail see:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floor-with-ra ... 1351482479

Still interested in thoughts of cutting in situ the floor or difficulty of changing the floor to add this double rail. I guess this is a question that SE folks need to solve to add a third rail for the fifth seat if not supplied from the factory?

Steve.

Of course that makes sense. Extra rails would be a very interesting mod.

James

Steve.
Hi Steve,
I am considering putting second row seats into a T5 between captain seat and rib bed. It would involve cutting the floor in situ to put the rails in. So i wondered, did you attempt this in the end and if you did, how did it go?

Back