Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Residual Percentage

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hello all, any guesses what the residual percentage would be on a 4 yr old Cali Beach with 33k miles on it?

Tricky to value mine here as it’s a high spec LHD EDITION with 204ps 4Mo DSG - none of which is available in the uk hence my asking what residuals on UK Beaches are like, in percentage terms. I may advertise it in Euroland on mobile.de or AutoScout24 but was looking for a starting point here first.

Some calculators kicking out numbers such as 83% residual

Anyone remember pinning the tail on the donkey at birthday parties? Feels like that.

You will probably get just a grand or two less than you paid for it. Depending if that's euros or pounds.

I sold my old 2012 Beach in 2018. It lost about £8k in that period.
I was happy with that…

Bought a UK Beach Edition for 47k in June 2018. WBAC now is £43500.

All good info. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably worth more now than in 2018?

I think I let it go for £25k, 65000 miles one owner.

I stuck an add on Facebook and had about 5 calls within a day.
Someone paid the full ask over the phone without even looking at it.

It was a van garage down south. I remember it was on their website a few days later at something like £32k. They offered a finance deal with it. Lower monthly’s, but the total price was something like £45k over a 5 year period.

Bonkers…

It was a van garage down south. I remember it was on their website a few days later at something like £32k. They offered a finance deal with it. Lower monthly’s, but the total price was something like £45k over a 5 year period.

Bonkers…
Have just put our details into WBAC - (2012 Beach, 32k miles) and gives £ 29,150; Adjusted mileage to 65K = gives £26,015 basis 1 owner.

So would gain a few $K more than above basis a private sale. We paid £27.5k 3 years ago.

Have just put our details into WBAC - (2012 Beach, 32k miles) and gives £ 29,150; Adjusted mileage to 65K = gives £26,015 basis 1 owner.

So would gain a few $K more than above basis a private sale. We paid £27.5k 3 years ago.

Incredible.
We looked into upgrading the Ocean last year. But decided our current van is in the sweet spot and the cost to upgrade has become to steep.
Shame about the cost of newer vans these days…

The problem may be a LHD vehicle, of that spec will definitely have a market, but a smaller market in the UK compared to the Continent.

Bonkers…
Thinking about this, I’m pretty sure that when I first starting considering a Beach when they first came out, that they were about 28-29k, brand new pre registered.

Probably worth that now, 9-10 years later!

The problem may be a LHD vehicle, of that spec will definitely have a market, but a smaller market in the UK compared to the Continent.

Agree - Its definitely a niche market over here.
Though 4M/DSG 204ps with extras help make it slightly more attractive to some because that’s unavailable in RHD on a Beach.

VW UK offer LHD as a £500 option over here but that’s where the euro options stop unfortunately.

Similar spec is being advertised at roughly 87-108% residuals in Germany it would seem. Slightly bonkers. Not sure what they’re actually selling for but it’s a starting point.

I would start with something close to 100% and advertise it in Germany. You will likely get a dealer offer who will import at a price you are willing to accept. Prices on the continent seem much higher than used prices in the UK. We did have a phase of German dealers travelling around the country looking for new vans from local dealers to buy as there was a shortage of supply.

I would start with something close to 100% and advertise it in Germany. You will likely get a dealer offer who will import at a price you are willing to accept. Prices on the continent seem much higher than used prices in the UK. We did have a phase of German dealers travelling around the country looking for new vans from local dealers to buy as there was a shortage of supply.

Thanks, I may just do that. I did the same with my old 993 Turbo back in 2005 and a German dealer collected it 48 hours later. Oh how I wish I’d kept THAT!!!!

Thanks, I may just do that. I did the same with my old 993 Turbo back in 2005 and a German dealer collected it 48 hours later. Oh how I wish I’d kept THAT!!!!

Hmm, 993 turbo’s do pretty well…:sorry

Sold mine in 2005 for….. wait for it….£35k…. Beam me up scotty

I had a feeling you were going to say something like that.
Still, nice car to have owned :thumb

Back