Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach as an MPV

M

mpv

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all- newbie here. very interested in getting a 7 seat dsg beach instead of an MPV. with mortgage interest rates so low and as its time to remortgage soon i'm thinking of using that to get some cash to buy it. Has to be a DSG as have it on current golf estate and it is great.

I think doing it this way will ultimately be a similar cost/ cheaper than getting an estate car/MPV on PCP finance, mainly because of residuals, but its important that i get the residual value right. I'm not 100% sure how well it will suit us, so need to make sure the finances will enable us to sell lit after a couple of years without losing a fortune

Would be looking to buy in new year and there won't be time to get a new one before new VED comes in, so will look at used- There are a couple of DSG beaches on auto trader with asking prices of around 38k (i'm really not fussed about options, night heater would be nice but i have seen that they can be retro fitted for a few hundred quid).

For budgeting (i.e worst case scenarios) what residual value would be sensible to assume for a 2 or 3 year old DSG beach- would 30k and 27k respectively be ok? (will be only car but commute by bike so would be doing 10,000 miles per year at most)Iwant to make sure I overpay the mortgage enough so we could sell it, put the proceeds back in the mortgage and still and be in the same (or better position) as I would have been if I hadn't bought it.

the only thing that could tempt me to go new would be if they put a petrol engine in it, as diesels will inevitably be paying increased road charges in cities, once the government sorts out its air quality action plans.

I think you will find, unless you are handy with a spanner, that retro fitting a desirable Diesel Parking Heater is a little more than a few hundred pounds. More likely £1500 with Control Panel.:thumb

Welcome @mpv , did you knew VW has out a petrol engine in the T6 ....
Just not availeble in the UK.