Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Beach 4motion DSG 204ps in UK?

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi all,
I'm new on here an don't have a Cali. But I do want a Cali!
Trouble is, I want a T6 Beach with 4motion, DSG and 204ps as a daily driver and they won't sell me on in the UK. I really want the flexibility and increased seating/payload of the Beach vs Ocean.
So as LHD doesn't bother me, I'm looking further afield, ie. Germany so far, to see what's available/in stock - I'm leaning towards a Beach 'Edition' as it's smart looking with extra kit. VW are mad - I'm sure they'd sell a bunch of these here! I've emailed Autohaus Alex Schweiger down south a few times but despite speaking to the chap who asked for an email, they're not very responsive, at all (most unusual for Germany to be honest).
Can anyone recommend any continental dealers and does anyone know if:
The T6 has a digital speedo so that a Euro one could display mph or if the analogue one has both on it?
The T6 has a fog light on just one side or both?

The €/£ rate isn't great at the moment and depreciation on a LHD over could be higher than RHD but I figure I could sell it back into Europe come the hour, if necessary (have done this in the past).

Any help or advice greatly received.
Thanks
S

It's worth checking what you can buy in Ireland as they have different specs to the UK and of course are still RHD.

The uk one has mph speedo and kph readout in the multi function display. I imagine the continental ones will have this reversed. Welcome, by the way.

Will a German dealer let you order a RHD German spec can? Always worth asking...

Will a German dealer let you order a RHD German spec can? Always worth asking...
According to VW customer services in Germany, No. I may still ask the dealer though.

I remember the early 2000s when many Brits used to go to Europe and parallel import RHD cars that were purchased on the continent because of the much better exchange rate.

Perhaps it's not the done thing anymore

I spent a lot of time looking on autoscout24.com & mobile.de when I was thinking about importing from Germany to Spain, in the end it wasn't worth it due to the Spanish taxes. There are plenty to look at on those sites.

On my Spanish Beach the speedo is KPH on the dial and the digital display. I'm sure I read something about changing the digital to MPH but i haven't worked out how to do it yet. It is probably a vagom/vcds change.You can change the language to english and the distance and consumption to miles in the MFD.

I have the standard lights so fog only on the drivers side, the other is the reversing light, i think the LEDs have both lights on both sides.

When i had my T4 Cali the only thing that was changed was the fog light position, i never had an MOT problem with LHD headlights or KPH speedo, maybe testers are a bit stricter now...

I spent a lot of time looking on autoscout24.com & mobile.de when I was thinking about importing from Germany to Spain, in the end it wasn't worth it due to the Spanish taxes. There are plenty to look at on those sites.

On my Spanish Beach the speedo is KPH on the dial and the digital display. I'm sure I read something about changing the digital to MPH but i haven't worked out how to do it yet. It is probably a vagom/vcds change.You can change the language to english and the distance and consumption to miles in the MFD.

I have the standard lights so fog only on the drivers side, the other is the reversing light, i think the LEDs have both lights on both sides.

When i had my T4 Cali the only thing that was changed was the fog light position, i never had an MOT problem with LHD headlights or KPH speedo, maybe testers are a bit stricter now...
Thanks a lot for this, good info. S

Trouble is buying in Europe is now much more expensive due to the devaluation of the pound v the euro. Prices in Spain have just gone up but overall they are still a bit cheaper than the UK. The spec you want is available in Spain and you can try playing with the Spanish configurator on https://www.volkswagen-comerciales.es/app/configurador/vwn-es/es I will be visiting my local dealer to place my own order fairly soon (2 weeks ish) so if you want me to get you a genuine quote I can do so. He will also tell me whether you can buy one for export. You might have to buy it as a Spanish registered vehicle and then drive it back to the UK for re-registration.

EDIT: I read OP properly (not on mobile) and now see: "I really want the flexibility and increased seating/payload of the Beach vs Ocean"

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm new on here an don't have a Cali. But I do want a Cali!
Trouble is, I want a T6 Beach with 4motion, DSG and 204ps as a daily driver and they won't sell me on in the UK. I really want the flexibility and increased seating/payload of the Beach vs Ocean.
So as LHD doesn't bother me, I'm looking further afield, ie. Germany so far, to see what's available/in stock - I'm leaning towards a Beach 'Edition' as it's smart looking with extra kit. VW are mad - I'm sure they'd sell a bunch of these here! I've emailed Autohaus Alex Schweiger down south a few times but despite speaking to the chap who asked for an email, they're not very responsive, at all (most unusual for Germany to be honest).
Can anyone recommend any continental dealers and does anyone know if:
The T6 has a digital speedo so that a Euro one could display mph or if the analogue one has both on it?
The T6 has a fog light on just one side or both?

The €/£ rate isn't great at the moment and depreciation on a LHD over could be higher than RHD but I figure I could sell it back into Europe come the hour, if necessary (have done this in the past).

Any help or advice greatly received.
Thanks
S

Hi bear.
How did you get on with this...?
Did you manage to get a RHD 4 motion Beach...?

Hi bear.
Hi bear.
Hi there. No I didn’t. I emailed the VW UK CEO who didn’t reply (I imagine he had a lot on his plate at the time!). I asked UK dealers to special order but ‘computer said no’. So I bought a new LHD ‘Edition’ version from a dealer in Bavaria. Just drove it to the French alps and all good.

Hi there. No I didn’t. I emailed the VW UK CEO who didn’t reply (I imagine he had a lot on his plate at the time!). I asked UK dealers to special order but ‘computer said no’. So I bought a new LHD ‘Edition’ version from a dealer in Bavaria. Just drove it to the French alps and all good.

We have been thinking long and hard about what we do with ours. Considering asking around to see if anyone would bring over a righthand German spec or perhaps going down the conversion route again. But building a van to Beach spec and having twin sliding doors...?
Or thirdly sticking with our 2012 workhorse.

However seriously like the idea of 4motion and DSG.
It’s bonkers VW haven’t bought this to the UK market...!!!

Hi,
Yes i can relate to your issues, i have the same bother here in the uk as i wanted a LHD 204 4 Motion beach edition. i have ended up speaking to Matt at 69 campers in France who has been very helpful. I wanted the beach as well as for the room/ space 7 seats etc but to remove 2 if required. The edition apparently is only available in small engine size not 204 and in France you can't get the Beach in the edition model so i ordered a 204 4 motion DSG standard van high specked in Oyrex White and will add the graphics later. bearing in mind you will have at least a 9 month wait for a beach getting on 12 for an ocean. Failing that give Bob Crosby a call at liverpool vw van centre as i saw 2 editions outside last time i called in they might be sold but he's a decent contact to have anyway.
good luck.
ross.

Back