Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach storing/packing tips

LemonDrop

LemonDrop

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Not sure this is what you meant...but we use this bargain £10 Ikea wardrobe as recommended by a caravanner, when onsite for at least 3/4 days. With 4 of us in the van it’s always a struggle to keep clothes tidy and this makes it a breeze: Vanessa window bags for the adults and the Ikea wardrobe has one of those hanging shelving units (also Ikea) for the kids stuff plus a few hangers for fleeces etc. Also a bag of shoes in the bottom, the decathlon microfibre towels on a shelf and another Ikea storage thing outside for all sorts of stuff. Written after a rum ‘n coke so sorry if a bit waffly!

69CD22F8-DE0A-4B6C-8055-A7F62F54D163.jpeg

A8E90A4B-8ADC-4E08-8B85-584DBE1E8169.jpeg

588AE0CA-10A1-4AEF-BB3C-D22860632BF6.jpeg

Last edited:
Italiahorse

Italiahorse

VIP Member
Not sure this is what you meant...but we use this bargain £10 Ikea wardrobe as recommended by a caravanner, when onsite for at least 3/4 days. With 4 of us in the van it’s always a struggle to keep clothes tidy and this makes it a breeze: Vanessa window bags for the adults and the Ikea wardrobe has one of those hanging shelving units (also Ikea) for the kids stuff plus a few hangers for fleeces etc. Also a bag of shoes in the bottom, the decathlon microfibre towels on a shelf and another Ikea storage thing outside for all sorts of stuff. Written after a rum ‘n coke so sorry if a bit waffly!

View attachment 49295

View attachment 49297

View attachment 49298
I think you need a driveway awning ?

Nolan

Nolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Best thing we did was buy a Decathlon awning / tent as we put all our clothes and stuff in it to stop me getting grumpy because the van is messy. It's not a fancy driveway one but can be right next to the Cali if you want. We didn't do that in the pic below as the view was really good :)

It makes such a difference as you don't have to keep unpacking and repacking the van.

Also, packing cubes. One colour for each family member in a rucksack or holdall.

LemonDrop

LemonDrop

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
[/QUOTE]
we’ve got one ;)

Goldie

Goldie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Quick question before I order from NZ. Are the Van Essa window bags flexible across the bottom corners?
The fridge sits behind my pod so if the front bottom edge of the bag is too stiff it may not fit - see pictures.

Thanks Andy

P2281049.JPG

P2281050.JPG

P3041077.JPG

HTML