Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Table advice

My 2015 beach has clips!

Little update on my table.

My 2016 Beach came with a table from an Ocean pt no 7E7861171B
Instead of Beach pt no 7E6861171A

Today I collected and paid for the correct table from Smg, and am now awaiting an agreed refund from my supplying dealer.

LOL.
Reading this post made me go and check the table in my new Beach... and I was shocked to see only one set of the extending clips needed to secure the table. I announced to the wife that the VWCC forum (which she thinks I spend to much time reading!) had alerted me to a potenial problem with our table, so at 10.35pm we both went out to sit in the van and test the stability of the table, hooked in, with just one clip. Suddenly the second clip *miraculously* appeared when I unfolded the 2nd leg! Felt a bit of a fool but I'm happy that we have a working Beach table!!!

Oops. I fear that next the wife will be buying herself a "I'm with STUPID" T-shirt....

Think yourself luck as my Beach was delivered with a table that had no clips! - to be told by supplying dealer who sponsor this forum that Beach tables don't come with clips! - anymore - needless to say it was sorted

View attachment 14288 Kev
This was the table supplied with the van, it wasn't bought separately so I don't know for sure what the part number is.
Looking at the table there is a sticker with some info on it that may be the part number. See the photo.
We bought from SMG Tonbridge, but either way SMG Cowfolds assertion that the tables with clips haven't been supplied for the last few years is clearly wrong.

Just seen your post I had the same issue Beach T5.1 - the guy at Tonbridge who is the Cali Guru told me the same - basically It turned out I had a table for an SE If you havent got it sorted speak to a guy called Laine Watts as well as VW customer services.

My T6 beach has rail clips on the table

after a month since I bought the beach I already broke one of the clips... better to use 4 legs...
They are quite cheap, I bought new clips for £8ish for two from VW.

Last edited:
Back