Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Valuation?

P

pstephenson5

Hi, I'm new to the forum having only lurked before so apologies if this post is inappropriate or in the wrong place... I'm looking to understand what my Cali Beach might be worth privately sold. Prices seem to be all over the place! The dealership I bought it from at the end of 2012 for £29K just offered me £19K to take it back with no trade in (I'm emigrating in April). They say it's worth £22K retail but I suspect they would sell it for more.

It's a 12 plate 114PS Blue motion with 30K miles, air con, cruise control and parking sensors, FSH and in good condition.

I have a few personal contacts who are interested but don't want to overcharge nor give it away. Any advice would be gratefully received!

I'm no expert on Beaches, but it feels both numbers are way too low.

Only a couple of facelift SE's (so 10 plates) have gone for less than £30k. Most 12 plate SE's are £35k+

Others will advise, but at £25k I think you'd have plenty of interest. VW dealers are a joke at buying-in, so I would ignore them. List it here and pocket loads of extra cash.

Here you are. Trade Seller. If yours has more milage then less than £31,950. Obviously there wouldn't be any warranty on a private sale so a further reduction. Private sales are normally less than Trade sales. So £25 - £27k would be a reasonable ball park figure., maybe even a little more to allow for some bargaining to make everybody happy.

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 22.52.44.jpg

Many thanks for the feedback - it's really appreciated.

Wow !,,,,,,,,
You should really post more information, but at the end of the day its worth different values to different people. For p/x look at current prices and take off a couple of grand.

Last edited:
Natural grey and Bluetooth, john.

Cap Clean £10,650 ;)

Haha, I think someone is after a cheap Beach :D
Really interesting to value a Beach as there aren't many on the second-hand market. I really wonder what I could get for mine.
I would shove it on for £28000 and see what happens. Plenty of converted sheds for sale and at £20kplus:thumb

Haha, I think someone is after a cheap Beach :D
Really interesting to value a Beach as there aren't many on the second-hand market. I really wonder what I could get for mine.
I would shove it on for £28000 and see what happens. Plenty of converted sheds for sale and at £20kplus:thumb
I agree but I was caught up in the previous comedy post

Back