Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No Cali Beach 4motion nor 180PS at UK?!?!?!?

estresao

estresao

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi,

I'm in the process to buy a Cali Beach. So far I'm more willing to buy it at Spain (where I grew up) because I think it could work better for me a LHD one.

For some reasons I'm starting to think that maybe I should buy it at UK (Mainly because is where I live and where I think I'll live for a while) and I've started to do some researches.

I've got puzzled because looks like VW UK doesn't sell 180PS nor 4motion Cali Beach :headbang :eek: :crazy :doh

I guess I'm right and that's happening actually in the UK market, but I'd like to confirm that.

Thanks Ownen_h,

That make more sense. Usually at Spain 140ps 4motion and 180ps 4motion (with/out DGS) are separate engine entries in the configurator.

I'll do some researches about that, because at Spain, the 140cv 4motion includes some chassis features for 17" wheels.

It also confused me that, for example at http://www.autoebid.com, doesn't provide 4motion option for the Beach

I thought the Beach was 114PS only or is that just the Bluemotion version?

When we bought our 4Motion, it could only be had with the 180 engine but it's now 140 too. Diff lock was standard too - now it's an option - cheeky bu99ers!

Certainly in 2012 the Beach came in 114 or 140. Then only the 114 had the Bluemotion features but at some point since then Bluemotion became standard for both engine outputs. The 2012 brochure I have also implies that 4 motion was an option for the 140PS Then as well. Wouldn't take that as gospel given how riddled with confusion VWs brochures can be.

Yep, all of them are now Bluemotion.

I'm having a look to a paper brochure I got from my local dealer (never seen such an useless customer service before in my whole life... mainly bearing in mind I was asking for a vehicle that cost more than 40.000 quid) and there is no mention about 4motion for the Beach edition (maybe it's located at some page, but I've not yet found a reference). Maybe this brochure it's out of date and the current one provide more information about that. The point is that I've just realized that the brochure is dated on July 2013 :crazy . Any case, in the current brochure (https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/media/1308863/1407_california_price_list.pdf) there are also no information about prices (and features) for 4motion in the Beach edition.

It's a little confusing.

The website spec page indicates a 4 MOTION option for the Beach but the latest printed price list I have (dated Nov 14 - after a imminent price increase) does not list a 4 MOTION option.

My guess is there no 4 MOTION option now for the Beach.

I've already ordered my future California Beach 140 4Motion at Spain.... I'm so excited!¡! :upsidedown

Back