Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T4 California Valuation Help

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have someone who needs some help with a valuation on a T4 please.

Details as follows:

2002 VW T4 Westfalia California Generation LHD
Purchased in 2007, it's in good condition mapped
A few scuffs but re-upholstered to excellent standard.
Spent £10,000 in that time,
It has done 120,000 miles gets garaged every winter,

I have someone who needs some help with a valuation on a T4 please.

Details as follows:

2002 VW T4 Westfalia California Generation LHD
Purchased in 2007, it's in good condition mapped
A few scuffs but re-upholstered to excellent standard.
Spent £10,000 in that time,
It has done 120,000 miles gets garaged every winter,

Need more details, engine, service history, AC or not, any extras, thermal pop top liners, pop top condition, if all in very good condition, dealer price around 22/23k, private sale closer to 20k.

I agree with WelshWestie, that seems to be the ballpark for late Westfalias.

if all in very good condition, dealer price around 22/23k, private sale closer to 20k
Remarkable how Cali's hold their value. And us T5 owners are worried about the T6 :D

Remarkable how Cali's hold their value. And us T5 owners are worried about the T6 :D

A T4 Westfalia Freestyle was 29k on the road in 2003. Today you can spend 23k to get the same vehicle. A depreciation of 6k in 12 years isn't bad.

A bit more info:

2.5 Diesel, it is mapped and brand new springs 40mm lower.
No service history, just get a service when I get an MOT from local garage, averaged over the last 8 years 5.5 k,, got 95% of all receipts, alloy wheels, leisure battery, new fridge, cat convertor etc.
It is AC new compressor 2013.
Got a fiamma awning, silver to match Reflex silver, fiamma bike rack.
New canvas fitted 2013, to elevating roof.
The only thing missing at present is the door cards, which have whipped off as the chap who did the upholstery is going to do them in the same trim when he gets back off holiday.

I'd be more interested in finding out if everything works as it should.
Heater working?
Leisure batteries good? Replaced when? Correct type/quantity?
Correct Westy charger unit in place?
Sink pump working?

Value depends on these as much as paint and lowered springs!

S.

A T4 Westfalia Freestyle was 29k on the road in 2003. Today you can spend 23k to get the same vehicle. A depreciation of 6k in 12 years isn't bad.

And once they hit around 8k they tend to stick around there. Petrols can sometimes be had for less. Mine is worth the same as I paid for it 4 years ago, although I've spent a fair bit on it during that time above normal maintenance.

There's always money to be spent on campers, no matter if they are 18 years old or three years old. Biggest outlay I've had is having the fuel injection pump reconditioned. Having said that, I shouldn't have to replace it again, or need a new egr valve, or dpf every few years.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I have passed it on to the owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back