Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beam deflectors

C

Chris

Hi.
Any chance of some one uploading a picture of where you locate or the location to where you put beam deflectors. There are no markings on the head lights to show where they go. I am aware of markings on the headlight protectors but not got them.
Ideally for the 5.1 but also the t5 as we have two cali's in the family :)

Last time I went to France in my golf I put black tape the wrong way and got loads of flashing :lol:

Chris
We use the silvered stick on variety from Halfords, only needs the circular part and not the "wings". They come supplied with diagrams for positioning on different vehicles, which includes the T5. Used these for the last three years, easy to apply and easy to remove with a little care following instructions and warnings given.
Only problem having to buy them every year.

Hubert

Treat yourself to a set of the VW Headlamp Protectors for about £40. They come with the deflectors that can be put on, taken off and put on again. Plus of course you have a headlamp protector. They're so easy to fit and do a perfect job. If you're going to the continent multiple times they'll pay for themselves over 4 or so trips.

Yes, the above is a very good idea. Contact Steve in parts if you would like to order a set at the forum price.

cheers

Is the position for post facelift headlights the same as earlier models ie just below and to the left of the main headlamp bulb

I'm just looking to fit some of these beam deflector stickers on my facelift Cali. The instructions say the sticker should go to the bottom left of the headlight centre which seems strange because I would have expected it to be the other way round for driving a RHD car in France ie on the RH side of road the beam get's deflected away from the LH lane so the sticker should go on the right of the bulb (when you are look at the bulb) ?

Didn't use mine at all in France and Spain - looked at loads of Brit cars and hardly any had them fitted.

Back