Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bedding help please!

We love our duvalay sleeping bags and would say they have been a complete game changer. We use them up top and down below on top of our comfort mattress. They roll up really quickly amd store well on the rear shelf above the comfort mattress. I have posted before on the details of exactly what we bought. Highly recommended.

Bit late to this thread but we have the duvalay as well and they are well worth the investment. When on the move they live on the rear seats secured with the seat belts.
We have the Beach with the three seater rock n roll bench seat that isn't flat when in bed mode, in fact it is a much better seat than it is a bed. When we first bought the van i was hunting for an alternative bed unit complete but my wife found Duvalay and we have never looked back. One great feature is that the opening can be reversed by turning them inside out so you can have it facing each other (or away if you prefer)

Can you keep the duvalays on the top bed when you push the mattress up into the pop top? I realise you’d need to take them down when you want to close the pop top. (We’re waiting for our van, so it’s difficult to picture how much space there is). Thanks.

@Brightonbelle Hope you don’t mind me hi-jacking your thread. Hope your van arrives quickly.
We normally sleep downstairs (the little man has stolen the upper floor from us), But the couple of times I have slept upstairs on my own I haven't had an issue getting the Duvalay through the "hole". Not sure how two Duvalays next to each other fit up there. What I have noticed is the reduced headroom, but then I am quiet tall 6'1

Go Outdoors has a good selection; we have a Vango which is great. This is a good sleeping bag as well and packs quite small - good if you're going to do 4 season camping!

Yes you can keep the duvalays up top when you push the bed up during the day. We take out our pillows though!

We’ve just had our Duvalay comfort pack x 2 delivered. They are very comfortable and we think we’ll have a great nights sleep with them. We’ve also bought two nice fleecy blankets to wrap up with whilst sitting outside in the evening (necessary in chilly Briatain!).

View attachment 95457

View attachment 95458
Hi. Thinking of going down duvalay route. Can I ask how long / width (diameter) those bags are please?

Hi. Thinking of going down duvalay route. Can I ask how long / width (diameter) those bags are please?
The Duvalays we have ordered are 77cm wide . They are also available in 58cm and 66cm. We are both side sleepers, so although the 65cm might have been okay we’ve gone for the 77cm! The length is a standard 190cm. We intend to sleep one of us in each bed. I’d you intend to share a bed then the 77cm may be too wide for two Duvalays side by side. I’ll report back about whether the roof will close with the Duvalay in the top bed! I won’t risk leaving a pillow up there! We don’t receive our Cali until Weds this week and go away on Thursday.

We have the 58cm wide mattresses (Duvalay recommended that size for the Ocean) which are perfect both up top and down below. We have one turned inside out so it's a centre opening double bed with overlapping duvets. We have a 2019 ocean.

I dont normall chip in as i have said this many times, comfort is all down to weight and as i am of the chubbier variety it took me a long time and money to get it sorted proper. After lots and lots of research and faffing with toppers mattresses and foams that sank overnight. And the dreaded bar in the backrest that sits convienientl at hip height when your sleeping i have finally hit on the most comfortable and minimalist set up. Two budget 1200 airbeds from decathalon for £9.50 each, two 50mm. Duck feather toppers from dunelm at £45.00 each. Two single duvet covers from wherever. Blow up the matress and attach the topper to it. Place the topper and mattres in duvet cover with the air inlet at the open end, deflate, roll up and place on back shelf. The other one lives deflated in the roof as a spare or for when we need more space each. For duvets, we take ours from home and they live rolled up with the air mattress. Been using these for nearly five years with no leaks or punctures and as good a nights sleep as i have at home.

Back