Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bellows becoming detached

That whole corner piece looks like its wrong compared to the photos of other vans posted earlier in the thread.

cheers for mentioning it. I've rang vw today about mine. I'm booked in on 2nd August. so I'll defo update you all what happens. also got other issues to be looked at. bust chair. flappy electric cover. roof lining spreader washers . shite gas struts on tailgate. etc. on close inspection zooming your photo looks like your roof is cracked?

Yeah I agree ,I'm going to have a closer look Saturday after this rain passes through . I think I'm 2nd August also. Will update.

cheers for mentioning it. I've rang vw today about mine. I'm booked in on 2nd August. so I'll defo update you all what happens. also got other issues to be looked at. bust chair. flappy electric cover. roof lining spreader washers . shite gas struts on tailgate. etc. on close inspection zooming your photo looks like your roof is cracked?
Don´t forget the coat hooks.

I had my bellows replaced on Tuesday and they did a good job - everything aligned properly, very pleased. Today was a warm day here and I raised the roof this morning and left it under the sun all day. The bellows have held firm, so am pleased with the result. Thumbs up to the dealer for sorting it so diligently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my bellows replaced on Tuesday and they did a good job - everything aligned properly, very pleased. Today was a warm day here and I raised the roof this morning and left it under the sun all day. The bellows have held firm, so am pleased with the result. Thumbs up to the dealer for sorting it so diligently.

Perhaps when you have time you can pop into the dealer reviews section and tell us how happy you are.

We get loads of groans and moans, this seems like problem solved, minimal pain. We all like good news.

Clickety clicking also...in the evening after a hot day in the Sun.
Come away from corner. Looks like the frame could be damaged also if you look closely at the picture. This is a t6 bellows fitted by vw on a t5.1 in October. When I purchased the original one had a hole in it so it was changed. I mentioned to @dayslikethis in Tenby that I thought somebody was throwing stones on my roof around 2am in the morning , clickety click .

View attachment 35640
is there a cracked weld there?

I'll update you how good vw sheffield are after my repairs . up to now they seem ok. and they offered me a replacement vehicle. only had one snotty get there so far telling me not to touch a new ocean that was in there once.im wondering if they will let me keep the old chair that broke if they replace it? now then I'm not sure about the coat hook failure....I blame the hot weather

Update: per my previous posts on the subject, I had an entirely satisfactory response and bellows replacement from the dealer.

We had a long weekend away in the van in very hot conditions (for the UK, obvs) and the new bellows held firm. Therefore I am very pleased with the warranty replacement, workmanship and how things have closed. I will be off to Spain in a couple of weeks for a 3 week jaunt, so the ultimate test awaits but it looks like all will be good.

We had the same issue, Our local VW garage sorted it for us under our warranty. We have had no issue since they completed the repair.

sounds promising for me then. still waiting til 2nd of august for my verdict.

Looked at mine today and it has come adrift. Have pushed it back into the roof and it seems to have held, but will keep an eye on it over the next 3 1/2 years of warranty cover.

well vw Sheffield reckon they have fixed mine but a bit vague as to what it is exactly they have done,they didn't replace the bellows anyway. so time will tell here

@flying banana can you see any glue residue or similar? My shop talked about some black silicon/glue that made it never come undone again. However they also said with that in it would be a tough job replacing it too.

I'm still waiting for a reply from them but I'm guessing it's happening this or next week as that's when people usually back from holiday here.

@flying banana can you see any glue residue or similar? My shop talked about some black silicon/glue that made it never come undone again. However they also said with that in it would be a tough job replacing it too.

I'm still waiting for a reply from them but I'm guessing it's happening this or next week as that's when people usually back from holiday here.
had a look and couldn't see anything, but then I gave it a quick tug and guess what ? it effing came out again so they haven't fixed it. they just pushed it back in , which is what I did in the first place. looks like a return visit and complaint or do it myself with some Sikaflex. not impressed. they did replace my flappy electric flap , my broken chair ,a bust gas strut and put in some new spreader washers on the roof lining ( those ones that break off and sit under the bed baffling you for a while). so initially I was happy til I checked the roof properly. also I had to fork out £258 after they lent me a van with a petrol engine and never warned me so I put some diesel in it and as you would expect it conked out and had to be towed. so now can I be arsed with a return visit just now ?

also I had to fork out £258 after they lent me a van with a petrol engine and never warned me so I put some diesel in it
Lol.
I thought the diesel nozzle wouldn´t fit in the petrol one.
Well you managed it.

Well that sucks x2.
I hope you get both things sorted. I’ll report back with what happens over here.

My bellows has come away too, just last week, in the exact same corner. It's on my list of things for my dealer to sort.

Took mine to the local dealer who said they could not do anything as they don’t have anybody who is qualified to diagnose the cause. Wish they told me that a month ago when I booked it in.
The dealer I bought Venus from had told me they can look at it next week ... will update

Took mine to the local dealer who said they could not do anything as they don’t have anybody who is qualified to diagnose the cause. Wish they told me that a month ago when I booked it in.
.. will update
The bellows has been replaced by VW . The “old one” was fitted in October last year . Not put it up to have a look as yet.

I’ve got the same issue with rubber having come way from roof in top left corner. I can push it back by hand with roof lowered but it doesn’t hold when roof raised. I’m not sure but I think whilst away a few weekends ago in very hot weather rubber may have softened and started peeling away. Didn’t notice it then but next time roof raised last week whilst away a 4 inch gap appeared. Fortunately was able to use Cali-Topper to avoid rain coming in!

Inspected by VW dealer this morning. He said he had never seen this happen before. He took photos to send to VW Germany for their advice and said they would resolve ASAP - I expect to hear proposed solution in a couple of days. Dealer did say it could involve new bellows if rubber now stretched! Will update when resolved, on how they fix.

Back