Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bench Seat Slider Awkward

DaveVancouver

DaveVancouver

Vehicle
T6 Coast 204
Sliding the Bench Seat forward to make up the bed requires quite a bit of strength & leverage. It's an impossible task for my wife. Is this normal?Do the rails need lubricating? It makes a ratchet sound moving each way. 2018 T6 Coast.

Sliding the Bench Seat forward to make up the bed requires quite a bit of strength & leverage. It's an impossible task for my wife. Is this normal?Do the rails need lubricating? It makes a ratchet sound moving each way. 2018 T6 Coast.
The “ratchet” noise means the mechanism hasn’t disengaged fully. Try pulling the Lever up fully. There should be no noise.

Last edited:
We are having the same trouble with the bench and think Welsh Gas's suggestion might be the answer. We have an extended warranty on the van and have booked it in at the garage and they can sort it. I've tried pulling the handle up more but it's not made it any easier. The ratchet noise is definitely coming from the handle area. Thanks fot the suggestion Welsh Gas!

Another thread on this being answered to. When you think it's at the top, yank it further!

No rachey, mo slidey.

Back