Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best discount for High Spec New Ocean

F

Freddie197

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We have just returned from a 4 day loan of an Ocean with our 2 year olds and are smitten, so much so that we are and now looking to secure the best price before placing an order on the current model. Our local dealership is offering circa 7% discount of a list price that will be in the region of £74k along with the PCP dealer contribution? Having read other posts it seems that there better deals secured out there - can anyone signpost us to a dealer they have used recently and give us an indication of discount secured. Much obliged -in anticipation :).

We have just returned from a 4 day loan of an Ocean with our 2 year olds and are smitten, so much so that we are and now looking to secure the best price before placing an order on the current model. Our local dealership is offering circa 7% discount of a list price that will be in the region of £74k along with the PCP dealer contribution? Having read other posts it seems that there better deals secured out there - can anyone signpost us to a dealer they have used recently and give us an indication of discount secured. Much obliged -in anticipation :).
Our order was placed a couple of weeks ago, 14% discount. I needed to work them to get to that level - call Swindon, Reading and Norwich. Good luck, hopefully ours will arrive before 31 October and any import tariff post B*****.

Our order was placed a couple of weeks ago, 14% discount. I needed to work them to get to that level - call Swindon, Reading and Norwich. Good luck, hopefully ours will arrive before 31 October and any import tariff post B*****.
Thanks for the heads up - I’ve dropped them a note. Very unsure about placing an order because of the B word but don’t want to die wondering either. First world problems eh?

Sorry I meant to ask did you deal with a specific sales person

Try VW Liverpool as close to you, we was about to order new when they came up with a new in stock vehicle, well inline with the top discounts mentioned on here.
Gets delivered Friday with 69 prefix ready for next Sunday’s holiday up Scotland.

Many thanks - they have been rigid on circa 7percent but clearly there is room as/when/if we go in with the deposit in hand.

They may not have offered the 2750 contribution for finance/pcp, this should be on top of the 7% discount you have been offered

Thanks for the heads up - I’ve dropped them a note. Very unsure about placing an order because of the B word but don’t want to die wondering either. First world problems eh?
Call them, don't just email. Swindon (Lesley), Reading (Paul) and Norwich (Martin). Don't assume they will still offer the same discount level, maybe they have already reached whatever target they needed to achieve. B word, if another 10.6% WTO import tariff then you can cancel the order.

They may not have offered the 2750 contribution for finance/pcp, this should be on top of the 7% discount you have been offered
They did offer that and I mistakenly (?) treated it separately from the ‘up front’ discount. Thanks for the heads up

They did offer that and I mistakenly (?) treated it separately from the ‘up front’ discount. Thanks for the heads up
If you are paying cash then they should also offer £2,700 "tactical retail" discount in lieu of the £2,750 for finance.

You’ve got to look at the overall discount level including any incentives, it doesn’t matter how they cut the cake.

Liverpool for me. A better deal than anything else I’ve seen. All done in 2 five minute phone calls. They are only down the road from you!

Speak to Josh Lord, good chap.

Last edited:
You’ve got to look at the overall discount level including any incentives, it doesn’t matter how they cut the cake.

Liverpool for me. A better deal than anything I’ve read here. All done in 2 five minute phone calls. They are only down the road from you!
Elmo is right. We ordered new in stock cali from Liverpool on Saturday to be delivered Friday and registered from the 1st. Everything on it we wanted except for heated screen. Discount was about 14% of list but the beauty is no waiting for a build and no worries 're 31st October. Ask for John Mason. John did say they were expecting new stock mostly dsg.

Elmo is right. We ordered new in stock cali from Liverpool on Saturday to be delivered Friday and registered from the 1st. Everything on it we wanted except for heated screen. Discount was about 14% of list but the beauty is no waiting for a build and no worries 're 31st October. Ask for John Mason. John did say they were expecting new stock mostly dsg.
Brilliant - I’ll be on the phone first thing

With two growing boys, are you convinced the Ocean is right for you?

Jack was nearly two when we took delivery of our Beach, he is now four and Ben five. We are very grateful for the extra space in the Beach, and can easily accommodate two grandparents or two friends with a parent with the bench pushed back and two additional seats installed. Obviously no good for camping, but for day trips it works perfectly for us.

With two growing boys, are you convinced the Ocean is right for you?

Jack was nearly two when we took delivery of our Beach, he is now four and Ben five. We are very grateful for the extra space in the Beach, and can easily accommodate two grandparents or two friends with a parent with the bench pushed back and two additional seats installed. Obviously no good for camping, but for day trips it works perfectly for us.
Fair point - my average grammar and spelling to blame - own two year old and no more planned as I am ancient ....

I could not find one cheaper and believe me I tried.

That’s a few of us dealing with Liverpool, ours came in just above 14% discount.
Roll on Friday

I believe they are the largest VWCV dealer in Europe and the largest Cali dealer in the UK. It’s a volume business. I’m on my 2nd Cali from them. Their service guys are great as well. Best prices available with superb back up and service. I wouldn’t go anywhere else, they give me no need to.

Give Lisa at Llandudno a call 07527 250800 (not Tuesdays) she was great to deal with & knows her stuff, we bought from her in June as did a friend of ours. If you do try them, tell her C & G from the Wirral recommended her.

I tried Llandudno they couldn't match Liverpool for essentially the same van. I bought my 6 month old T6 LWB for conversion a couple of years ago from Liverpool and again couldn't find the same cheaper and the service department were great.

Freddie let us know how you get on. Saw 3 calis at Asda St Helens today parked in different parts of the car park so probably not together.

I tried Llandudno they couldn't match Liverpool for essentially the same van. I bought my 6 month old T6 LWB for conversion a couple of years ago from Liverpool and again couldn't find the same cheaper and the service department were great.
It’s a real lottery finding the right dealer, Liverpool who are the nearest centre to us were dreadful when we visited them, completely disinterested.

Try autoebid: your contract will eventually be with VW Liverpool (so same finance incentives etc) but the starting figures may be better.

Call liz at Leicester parkway. Our new ocean back in December cost £66k and has pretty much all the bells and whistles including two tone paint job, better alloys etc. They had a barely used one in too that was a demo/managers van, fully specked for £63k.

For my recent purchase Breeze in Poole outdid Liverpool. Give Tom Davidson a call. I'm sure he will give you a great deal. He did for me!

Back