Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best meal yet

redhairjon

redhairjon

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Last night at a quiet little park4night spot near Cambridge we cooked possibly our best Cali meal so far.

Grilled courgette, pesto chicken with rice, rocket and cherry tomatoes.

Cooked on a mixture of a mini Weber bbq and the Cali gas stove.

Yum!

Have you tried just pesto rice…… with chicken?
Also surprisingly good way to eat. A tablespoon of pesto mixed in with a pan of rice.

Got caught short today. Back from a hike just before a storm blew in with torrential rain. Had to cancel our early evening meal out and resort to the emergency chilli in a can with rice and Pringles.
Wasn’t to bad, surprisingly still in date too…

Got caught short today. Back from a hike just before a storm blew in with torrential rain. Had to cancel our early evening meal out and resort to the emergency chilli in a can with rice and Pringles.
Wasn’t to bad, surprisingly still in date too…
Sounds perfect!

It filled a void, we call it the Pedigree Chum meal…
View attachment 96893
Did you cook it from scratch or was it from a tin or pouch? Also did you do it in the van, SSD?

Funny that you call it the Pedigree Chum meal, I nearly ate a can of it many years ago when I was pregnant, only didn’t because it was the dog’s lat tin!

Did you cook it from scratch or was it from a tin or pouch? Also did you do it in the van, SSD?

Funny that you call it the Pedigree Chum meal, I nearly ate a can of it many years ago when I was pregnant, only didn’t because it was the dog’s lat tin!

I’m a less is more guy.
I cook everything in the Cali, can’t be arsed with bbq’s whilst camping.
Although, I do admire those who put the effort in. It’s just not what my camping adventures are about. I usually eat twice a day in the van, breakfast and light evening meals. The majority of the time, I will find somewhere nice for a lazy lunch middle of the day.

I’m a less is more guy.
Although, I do admire those who put the effort in. It’s just not what my camping adventures are about. I usually eat twice a day in the van, breakfast and light evening meals. The majority of the time, I will find somewhere nice for a lazy lunch middle of the day.
Sounds great, especially the lazy lunch.

I’m a less is more guy.
This is why the Cali is so versatile. I use mine to go to dog agility comps. And if I’m there for a week I don’t want to eat out of tins every night (but I always have them with me). And it’s often not close to a local pub, but if it is, there are a lot of people heading to the same pub.
Hence I’ve been experimenting with different recipes for the Cobb so that I can entertain others whilst not deserting the dogs. I’m finding a lot of others are more than happy to come and join for dinner.
It’s all about what we choose to use our Cali’s for and making it work for us. There is no right or wrong.

@AlisonF you sound like the perfect travel companion. Everybody loves the camp chef ;)

Back