Best method to store 1” or 2” IKEA Topper

Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Where do you store your 1” or 2” IKEA topper ?
Best to ratchet strap it into a certain shape.
I have S2S self inflating mattress for downstairs, then I bought two ikea toppers. (1” & 2”) to see which one would feel best up top. (Will keep top mattress as well, but I need a bit of soft for my back, prolapsed L5 and broken 7 years ago T10 in an accident)
It’s a double width, so I can’t just roll it as there isn’t enough space in between wardrobes and side window (sat on rear shelf behind bench seat.
I also have 3 compression sacks from S2S for two king size duvets and the pillows). Which are weird round shapes. Wish you could get square compression sacks……

Copied this idea from another member. We took the cover off ours and cut it down to the exact size of the upstairs mattress, ran a sewing machine up one edge of the cover and put it all back together. Did the same with a single size duvet cover so it fits over the topper perfectly. That’s your bottom sheet sorted. Fold the whole lot into quarters and store on the back parcel shelf with rest of bedding on top. Sleep better in the van than at home!

Copied this idea from another member. We took the cover off ours and cut it down to the exact size of the upstairs mattress, ran a sewing machine up one edge of the cover and put it all back together. Did the same with a single size duvet cover so it fits over the topper perfectly. That’s your bottom sheet sorted. Fold the whole lot into quarters and store on the back parcel shelf with rest of bedding on top. Sleep better in the van than at home!
Do you have the 1” or 2” double IKEA ?
And I guess you mean a double size duvet cover?
That’s a really good idea, thank you.
I shall park that and do in the spring, brilliant idea!

So it’s an ikea talgje in the double size, 3.5 cm thick. The upstairs mattress is 120cm wide so pretty sure a single duvet cover is what you need; they are 150 wide.

So it’s an ikea talgje in the double size, 3.5 cm thick. The upstairs mattress is 120cm wide so pretty sure a single duvet cover is what you need; they are 150 wide.
Perfect! Thanks!

Back