Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best toll tag for France, Switzerland, Italy.

Bip&Go - registered France, Spain, Portugal & Italy. Set up DD from a Euro account on Revolut which is my main debit card when travelling abroad. It seems simple and all one go.
Great tip, @studioTUNGSTEN, thank you. I have Revolut and Starling cards but never thought to use these. Just checked both on:

and they are good for SEPA direct debits. Also called Starling to double check and they said should work fine.

I will now change my Fulli (Mango, APRR) account from my main bank Barclays to either Starling or Revolut and I will keep a safe balance on that account for travel.

To use Revolut you need to exchange a lump from sum from pounds to euros (exchange rate for £500 today 1€ = 90p including fees); to use Starling each Euro SEPA debit is converted at the Mastercard rate on the day plus commission of 0.4%. The latter is probably a slightly exchange rate.

Last edited:
@mikeelawson are you sure? Did you use "Royaume-Uni" for United Kingdom?

Mango is now called Fulli, as you probably realise:

As a matter of interest, has anyone else in the UK tried to open a Fulli (previously Mango) account recently (using 'Royaume-Uni')? I was surprised by the post which I quote above from @mikeelawson .

If they are no longer allowing new UK accounts, I might consider going elsewhere.

As a matter of interest, has anyone else in the UK tried to open a Fulli (previously Mango) account recently (using 'Royaume-Uni')? I was surprised by the post which I quote above from @mikeelawson .

If they are no longer allowing new UK accounts, I might consider going elsewhere.
Yes five minutes ago, got to inputting my bank details for DD and a message came up saying SEPA do not accept DD from the Nationwide

Yes five minutes ago, got to inputting my bank details for DD and a message came up saying SEPA do not accept DD from the Nationwide
If you have any other bank accounts that could work try this:

If not, I am confident that if you open either a phone app based Starling debit card account or a Revolut debit card account (pretty easy and quick) ) that will be accepted on the SEPA system for Fulli. But if you open one or both first, you can use the above link to double check.

Then for Starling you only need to keep a sufficient (for any toll charges) balance in pounds sterling on the account, for Revolut you need to load up some sterling then follow 'exchange' and convert what you need to euros. Revolut then keeps two separate accounts which you can go backwards and forwards too (on home page hit the down arrow by the balance on account figure).

I have not used either much to date, so others may know more.

Last edited:
Thanks @WelshGas . I was just about to order an Emovis UK Tag, with the intention of cancelling my Fulli one, and setting up a UK direct debit (to one of my 'safe' UK bank accounts) - when I noted they don't cover Italy which Fulli do and I prefer to keep.

I have emailed them to ask if they intend to include Italy any time soon.
Just heard back from Emovis TAG UK, who offer a France Spain and Portugal TAG but not Italy (which in my case I would like).

They say "It is not something we provide at the moment. It is something we may look at in the future, if we felt the demand was high enough."

Just heard back from Emovis TAG UK, who offer a France Spain and Portugal TAG but not Italy (which in my case I would like).

They say "It is not something we provide at the moment. It is something we may look at in the future, if we felt the demand was high enough."
Thanks for the update have just received conformation of acceptance from Fulli Nomade + 10euros.

Anyone with Nationwide don't bother as its not accepted.

To all that contributed to this thread thanks for your input.
However I'm still in class 3 due to weight over 3500kg. Fingers crossed they will not notice. There seems to be no toll application for Campervans/motorhomes in that category?

Again thanks all

Thanks for the update have just received conformation of acceptance from Fulli Nomade + 10euros.

Anyone with Nationwide don't bother as its not accepted.

To all that contributed to this thread thanks for your input.
However I'm still in class 3 due to weight over 3500kg. Fingers crossed they will not notice. There seems to be no toll application for Campervans/motorhomes in that category?

Again thanks all
The previous advice you received for Swiss tolls is not valid for vehicles over 3500 kg.
Unless I'm mistaken, there is a per day charge based on the total vehicle weight as per vehicle documentation. I don't have any relevant experience myself.
Check out the official site (in English):
https://www.bazg.admin.ch/bazg/en/h...d-psva/psva-fuer-auslaendische-fahrzeuge.html

The previous advice you received for Swiss tolls is not valid for vehicles over 3500 kg.
Unless I'm mistaken, there is a per day charge based on the total vehicle weight as per vehicle documentation. I don't have any relevant experience myself.
Check out the official site (in English):
https://www.bazg.admin.ch/bazg/en/h...d-psva/psva-fuer-auslaendische-fahrzeuge.html
Thanks for that, yes have that under control, have downloaded the app and will chose closer to the time any 10 days duration in a 12 month period.

Thanks.

Useful thread.
Just ordered a Frolli Nomade +, seems to offer decent value. Code NEIGE23 gets rid of the set up fees and monthly useage charges for 8 months.
No credit card option but set up direct debit with IBAN no problem with HSBC account; thanks to @Viktorgeorge for the link confirming they do SEPA DD.
Have relied on a Halifax Clarity CC card until now at the toll booths with no problems but always with Mrs KB in the LHS, but I am off my 13yr old skiing at Easter, just the 2 of us, so thought a tag would be helpful. Will be the third trip down to the Alps in the Cali since Xmas; can’t wait!!!
An update on this in case it helps anyone.
Having had bank details accepted, account opened and emails confirming the tag is en-route I then got one this morning saying that the bank had declined the 1 euro check debit, the tag had been disabled and updated bank details would be needed or the account would be closed. That’s not going to happen, ridiculous waste of time. Hope they aren’t expecting the tag back at my cost when it gets here because they’ll have a long wait….
So, a bit more research and I have found a company called ATMB who accept credit card payments. Offer at the moment means no set up fees, no postage fees, 1.9 euro/month only when used (or free if you use an ATMB autoroute 3 times, they are the ones around Geneva).
Order completed (you have to upload proof of address, presumably because of credit card payment, so a minor faff), account opened and tag dispatched within an hour with full tracking details. Fingers crossed but seems ideal, just hope it arrives before next trip at end of month.

Having had bank details accepted, account opened and emails confirming the tag is en-route I then got one this morning saying that the bank had declined the 1 euro check debit, the tag had been disabled and updated bank details would be needed or the account would be closed. That’s not going to happen, ridiculous waste of time. Hope they aren’t expecting the tag back at my cost when it gets here because they’ll have a long wait….
So, a bit more research and I have found a company called ATMB who accept credit card payments. Offer at the moment means no set up fees, no postage fees, 1.9 euro/month only when used (or free if you use an ATMB autoroute 3 times, they are the ones around Geneva).
Order completed (you have to upload proof of address, presumably because of credit card payment, so a minor faff), account opened and tag dispatched within an hour with full tracking details. Fingers crossed but seems ideal, just hope it arrives before next trip at end of mont

Order completed (you have to upload proof of address, presumably because of credit card payment, so a minor faff), account opened and tag dispatched within an hour with full tracking details. Fingers crossed but seems ideal, just hope it arrives before next trip at end of month.
@Kernowboy, the site looks like it is French only (Google translate possible of course) and the TAG is France only as well. Do you agree?

And if you use the tag on the peage more than 3 times in a month they waive the 1.9 Euro

And if you use the tag on the peage more than 3 times in a month they waive the 1.9 Euro
Also agree, but this element is specific to use of ATMB peage which I understand to be located in the Haut-Rhône region so around Geneva and to the Mont Blanc tunnel as per my post.

The Fulli Toll Tag arrived this morning, happy days. Surprised how small it is.

Just tried to set up a Direct Debit with my bank (Co-Op) and got this email from Ulys after a few days, translated into English. I am getting heartily fed up with Co- op randomly freezing my debit card card, their poor technology and making you phone up for trivial reasons (e.g. adding a a new debit card to Apple Pay) so am thinking of moving to Starling.

“You have placed an order for an electronic toll badge. However, after analysis of your bank's BIC code, we find that the bank account you provide us with does not allow us to collect invoices.

In order to bring us into compliance with our general conditions of sale: the contract can only be concluded by providing an IBAN from the EURO zone and authorizing SEPA direct debits.

We are cancelling your order. “

I used an emovis sanef tag for many years.
Covered France only.
And had an Italian telepass tag.

I have now returned the sanef tag and upgraded the telepass to cover Italy France and Portugual - with just one tag.
may i ask how you got the telepass i just went on to fill in forms and it came up with a message showing countries it ships the tag to and uk wasnt one of them?

I upgraded
may i ask how you got the telepass i just went on to fill in forms and it came up with a message showing countries it ships the tag to and uk wasnt one of them?
I upgraded device while I was physically in Italy and visited one of the telepass offices at a large motorway toll booth.
I am not surprised they are useless remotely!

I just ordered Bip&Go for France, Spain, Portugal & Italy. I also want to use it for a rental car but takes 24hrs to register the new plate for the online. Lets see if this works out as I hope.

Did you check for ‘Royaume-Uni’?

I just ordered Bip&Go for France, Spain, Portugal & Italy. I also want to use it for a rental car but takes 24hrs to register the new plate for the online. Lets see if this works out as I hope.
The number plate info isn't used for France or Spain, I thought that in Portugal all hire cars were already registered , I'm sure it said in my tag instruction specifically not to use it in a hire car. I don't know about Italy.

Copy & paste from Emovis tag website re Portugal:

Hiring a Car in Portugal? Important information

Emovis Tag customers shouldn’t use their Emovis VIA-T tags in a Portuguese hire car. This is because most hire cars are already registered with Via Verde thus enabling transactions to be allocated to the hire car companies Via Verde account. When this occurs the Hire Car Company will charge an administration fee to provide your details to the authority/toll road operator.

However there is a solution if you are traveling to the Algarve....

All you need to do is check for outstanding tolls recorded against your hire cars license plate. All you need is your hire car's licence plate and to wait for 2 days after using the road, then input the hire cars registration number (remember the "-") into either the CTT website / App or Via Livre website.. You can then pay for any outstanding transactions made on the A22 or A28 here on the Via Livre website. If you're planning to hire a car in Portugal, try Rhino Car Hire

The number plate info isn't used for France or Spain, I thought that in Portugal all hire cars were already registered , I'm sure it said in my tag instruction specifically not to use it in a hire car. I don't know about Italy.
I haven't received it so don't know the details. I was intending to use it for Portugal. The hire company charges a surcharge if you use 'their' tag, so I guess it is deactivated unless the option is selected.

You can edit The plate info in the telepass app and use your rag with hire cars. I have done that for years.
I also forgot to update the info many times and nothing bad happens. It is allegedly only used to reconcile missed tag reads in or out
But a call to the operator was the most I had to do

You can edit The plate info in the telepass app and use your rag with hire cars. I have done that for years.
I also forgot to update the info many times and nothing bad happens. It is allegedly only used to reconcile missed tag reads in or out
But a call to the operator was the most I had to do
For Italy ^

I haven't received it so don't know the details. I was intending to use it for Portugal. The hire company charges a surcharge if you use 'their' tag, so I guess it is deactivated unless the option is selected.
see post 71 - the edit on it crossed with yours.

Back