Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best website for weather planning?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Looking to go away next week and wanted to plan my destinations on where the good weather is.

There are plenty of sites where you can check a specific location of the the next 7-10 days, but what I'd really like is something which shows weather maps for the whole UK for the next 7-10 days so I can plan my route accordingly.

Any suggestions?

Works for me!

icon_greeting_cards057_1024x1024.png

Looking to go away next week and wanted to plan my destinations on where the good weather is.

There are plenty of sites where you can check a specific location of the the next 7-10 days, but what I'd really like is something which shows weather maps for the whole UK for the next 7-10 days so I can plan my route accordingly.

Any suggestions?
I'm using Dark Sky App. Seems excellent.

Also a web version

https://darksky.net/forecast/51.4552,-2.5966/uk224/en

Mike

I think you have just all told us your home address?
Good shout but no. Not sure why it's come up with that address. I'm in Bristol but not there. Thanks

Mike

Another vote for Dark Sky, I find it extremely useful.

We just use the good old BBC Weather and the app.

yr.no is fantastic, but more for named towns than regional view

We love this site. One can zoom in for local weather, but also zoom out to national or European or global level. Weather forecast, rain forecast, radar, all sorts of info. Today, tomorrow, three days from now.

This is how they do it in Norway...spotted when we where there
IMG_0507.JPG

I have the app from this website on my iphone
http://www.meteovista.be/Europa/4
Link is to the Dutch version , don't know if there's a UK version , they are frequent spot on and use them for many years now!

I use BBC (almost consistently wrong - how do they manage that?), Sky (never enough long term info), and dark sky. Dark sky seems unduly pessimistic - so I quite like it as I am also a pessimist and love it when things are better than expected!

Look at all of them and choose the one with the best weather:)
Weather changes so fast nowadays that I don't think any forecast for 7-10 days will be reliable.

I think the BBC have got it right for where I'm heading.
IMG_0384.PNG

I use loads,

Dark sky, accuweather, meteo ....

It doesn't matter. Wherever I go it's huge winds, rain, hail, sleet, snow ......

Look at all of them and choose the one with the best weather:)
Weather changes so fast nowadays that I don't think any forecast for 7-10 days will be reliable.

Agree on long term forecast but those radar images can predict coming rain accurate up to 5min sometimes ....pretty handy !

Back