Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BIG Smile after going to see the new arrival!!

106Rallye

106Rallye

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
image.jpeg just been over to the Van Centre to see our new Cali after exactly 6 months since ordering. Having followed all the posts about delays and then everyone forst seeing or picking up their new Cali's , I just wasn't quite prepared for the big grin that just appeared on my face when I saw it in the dealers yard. And how excited was my 5 year old daughter seeing it and exploring inside. I think the wait has been worse for her than me. She is so looking forward to lots of camping trips.

It still needs PDI and registering etc... but we spent an hour and a half exploring the inside and having a look around. It will be a long week until I pick it up next weekend!!

For all of you waiting for deliveries before End of March, mine was build week 7. Dispatched from factory at the end of that week, 18th Feb, it waited a weekish at the port, arrived in UK on 1/2nd March and arrived at dealers middle of this week. There is still time.
Barney

Oh boy....exiting times ahead!
She poses like it's her's:D

They're both smiling.:bananadance2

Yes from the way she was in and out of the front and opening and closing things she does seem to think it's hers.

Yes I forgot to mention the unexpected floodlight option - added at no extra cost by The factory I guess but as everything I ordered appears to be on the build I'm happy!

Just think Wendy house on wheels. Every little girl's dream.....and big girl's as well.

Yes from the way she was in and out of the front and opening and closing things she does seem to think it's hers.

Yes I forgot to mention the unexpected floodlight option - added at no extra cost by The factory I guess but as everything I ordered appears to be on the build I'm happy!
Can I ask what a roof flood light is. Great colour, same as mine!

Uh oh. Everyone's gonna want one now!:Nailbiting

View attachment 19712 just been over to the Van Centre to see our new Cali after exactly 6 months since ordering. Having followed all the posts about delays and then everyone forst seeing or picking up their new Cali's , I just wasn't quite prepared for the big grin that just appeared on my face when I saw it in the dealers yard. And how excited was my 5 year old daughter seeing it and exploring inside. I think the wait has been worse for her than me. She is so looking forward to lots of camping trips.

It still needs PDI and registering etc... but we spent an hour and a half exploring the inside and having a look around. It will be a long week until I pick it up next weekend!!

For all of you waiting for deliveries before End of March, mine was build week 7. Dispatched from factory at the end of that week, 18th Feb, it waited a weekish at the port, arrived in UK on 1/2nd March and arrived at dealers middle of this week. There is still time.
Barney

Congratulations to you all. It's a great purchase for sure. My kids (4 and 9) love sleeping up in the roof. It makes for exciting weekends and holidays. We have had more little breaks and holidays in the last 6 months than we ever imagined.

Everyone is going to want that roof light option too It's so integrated into the flowing lines it's almost seamless. Don't think it would look so good on a lighter colour van. :talktothehand

Anyway only 6 sleeps to go eh?

Yeh Beatrice has already bagged the roof bed!! - and yes only 6 sleeps to go. And thanks B J G about the fungus - good spot - either the next stage of T6 roof problems or I've really surpassed myself with taking the photo!

Yeh Beatrice has already bagged the roof bed!! - and yes only 6 sleeps to go. And thanks B J G about the fungus - good spot - either the next stage of T6 roof problems or I've really surpassed myself with taking the photo!

You will find all sorts of excuses for using it when it arrives. Yesterday afternoon I suggested to my wife that I'd take the kids to the local forest for a bike ride and camp the night for fun. She thus could have a nice lay-in without the kids waking her pre 6.30am.... of course she agreed to that and so an hour later we are packed and the three of us are off for an afternoon cycling in the forest and then quick set up at the camp site then off to a pub for dinner.

Because it looked like rain overnight I pondered on how to organise for the three of us all to sleep downstairs. The solution was to put my 4 year old across the front seats by spinning them 90 degrees and tilting the squabs back against the doors. I've never tried this before but it worked as he is not so tall that he would be all scrunched up. We all slept together and nice and warm. I could do with getting a topper really but haven't got around to it yet.

IMG_7445.JPG

We woke this morning to sunshine (!) and have just had hot porridge before heading back for another cycle ride and then home.

This is what you can do... spur of the moment excursions. Family time and minimum hassle. The Cali has pretty much everything in it and we leave most of our gear in it so we can literally put some milk and food in and head off.

5 sleeps now then?

Have you planned your first trip?

Thanks Sapton and Days Out - yes the possibilities and fun that I'm sure it will bring for days away and adventures will be endless - my dad has two Bay Window T2's in the early 70's that I fondly remember for the fun that we Had in in it.

Sounds like a great weekend cycling Days Out - just the sort of thing that I will be doing - Beatrice already likes walking in the Lakes so plenty of weekends away doing that - and that will be our first outing I expect - a couple of days in the Lakes walking.

Because it looked like rain overnight I pondered on how to organise for the three of us all to sleep downstairs.

Why? even without a topper you will be dry upstairs.

For me one of the best bits about the van is the sound of the rain on the roof whilst Im tucked up under a duvet.

Fabulous - I'm sure you'll have lots of adventures. We've still got our fingers crossed for delivery to the UK before the end of the month, but it's going to be touch and go!

Thanks Mr and Mrs B - we sure will try! Fingers crossed for yours arriving before the end of the month. I ended up calling VWCS regularly for updates and they were actually very helpful towards the end re dates and timescales.

Hi i ordered mine in january they said week 12 to be built when do ye think ?
i am like a small kid waiting for santa to arrive.

Ciaran