Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike rack - paint protection sticker set

FredFlintstone

FredFlintstone

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience of this particular sticker set (available via Ebay etc) it comes from Germany with German instructions.

Is it good enough is my question- or should I fork out for the genuine VW set?

Concerned that these stickers might be too thin.

Many thanks

Screenshot_20231206_095217_eBay.jpg

I went around in circles on this topic and eventually went for the VW one (via the club shop). Just figured OEM is likely to fit the vehicle the best.

I bought a roll of helicopter tape and cut mine out when needed. Over time the Vw ones get grime under them and peel away or store small bits of grit in them. Roll of tape was about £10 and I’ll use it at least 20 times

I was disappointed with VW ones from club shop.
Same here, the ones which came with the rack when I fitted to my caravelle were very strong and stuck perfectly. I remove the rack when not in use and they stayed firm with continued use. When I got the California and bought a set from the club shop, they did not stick at all well. They peeled of at the edges and bubbled underneath. I assumed they would be identical to the originals but they didn't seem to be.

Same here, the ones which came with the rack when I fitted to my caravelle were very strong and stuck perfectly. I remove the rack when not in use and they stayed firm with continued use. When I got the California and bought a set from the club shop, they did not stick at all well. They peeled of at the edges and bubbled underneath. I assumed they would be identical to the originals but they didn't seem to be.
Thought they were supposed to be genuine..? I did find cheaper by a significant amount via an online genuine parts company!

The replacements campervanbits sell are genuine parts
Yeh I thought they were. Maybe VW don't use the same in their replacement as the originals sold in the rack box. Or maybe I was just unlucky. No slur on the club shop intended though, I know you just sell on what they supply you.