Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Black Forest; in the car

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
We have a wedding in the Black Forest in May.
Think we will take the Eurotunnel then drive from Calais.
Part of the plan is to give the car a good blast so there'll be loads of driving; anyone have any recommendations for a route down? As many interesting driving roads as possible needed!

We took a route through via Belgium on our way to Bavaria last summer, but on the way back from the Black Forest took the A4 then A26 back up to Calais which was completely empty of traffic (high summer).

If you do take that route and have a couple of hours to spare I recommend taking a short detour to see the Verdun battlefield, museum and Ossuary. Unforgettable. As is the sight of Reims Cathedral also en route.

Brilliant; thanks!

I love Reims but wasn't sure whether to head that way or just do Belgium, Luxembourg, Rhine valley or do more of France!

Any good driving roads would be a plus; it would be nice to stretch the cars "legs" a bit!

Well that was brilliant!

Drove down via Reims, Metz and Strasbourg, back through Luxembourg and Belgium. Awesone roads, beer, food, mountains and the wedding was fantastic (the most stunning church interior I have ever seen)!

10306761_10152003150877805_3242120028963481988_n.jpg

Now I've had stick for BMW talk on here but seeing as another member is getting one soon, I have to say it really was a brilliant machine for the trip - 305 miles to Folkestone at errmmm, high speeds and we saw an average of 34.9mpg. Quicker (much quicker) in Europe (120+ on the appropriate roads) plus a high speed blast up the mountains to the St Peter - 30.9mpg.
No one knows what it is except car nerds so no one gives it any hassle, the satnav laughed at our Kenwood system in the Cali, it's comfortable, the sound system is good and range was decent despite the smallish fuel tank.

Really chuffed with it! :mrgreen:

Sounds like a very similar route that we took when we went to kaysersberg. I love french roads put our potholed monstrosities to shame!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back