Blind won't go up

ThomasHJ

ThomasHJ

Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Searched the forums but mostly found stuff about blinds not staying down or really being stuck.

The blind for the back right side window goes down as it always has but when I try to move it back up it only goes half way up. It's not physically stuck but for some reason it won't roll back up. When I forec it, the material bunches up. So it seems like the inner part where the material gathers when rolled up, doesn't work to well right now.

Has anyone any experience with this problem and with fixing it yourself?

Try jiggling it and assisting its upward trajectory. Make sure both sides go up evenly. The one on front of the sliding door has a similar issue.

Try jiggling it and assisting its upward trajectory. Make sure both sides go up evenly. The one on front of the sliding door has a similar issue.
I tried this several times in the last few weeks and it worked but has stopped working now. Now it just folds when I try to gently push it up.

As an update for any future readers with the same problem:

AFter having the blind down for a month or so, I tried raising it today and it worked. I assume the temperature or it being stretched for a while helped. Not sure the problem wont return though.

Simply Spraying silicone lubricant on the blinds guides and wires helped make mine much smoother to operate
I agree - silicone spay makes it much smoother - but beware - applying too much will make it SO smooth that it will not stay down! Apply a small amount to start with, then ‘exercise’ the blinds a bit to even out the distribution. Then apply a little more if necessary.

Back