Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blind won't return on sliding door side

C

chris kurt

VIP Member
Hi all I have a 2014 140 SE and am having difficulty with blind on o/s (behind drivers seat) not returning. I have to gently ease it up it takes about 20 mins to get it back to its start position. The Cali is still in warranty but it looks like a bit of a job to replace blind if necessary. I am worried about possible trim damage due to replacement

Why? It's under warranty. Take photos beforehand and book into a good dealership.
If they fail to do a perfect job then show dealer the pre-photos and if no joy then VWCS.

I wouldn't worry that's the easiest blind to replace get it booked into
The dealers

Yes good idea about before and after photos. Will get Cali booked in soon Also thanks Cali Kev I hope your right about blind being easiest to replace. Have you had a similar issue?

I haven't had it replaced myself but after being on here from day 1
I have seen members that have without issues. I had the one above the sink, cooker replaced which involved removing the wardrobe and kitchen.

The one by the kitchen looks like a major job I hope that one stays fault free. I some how hope it might just right itself ( stiff coiled not right) will try a few more times before taking to dealer.

It doesn't matter even if it's a full cali rebuild, roof off, wheels off, kitchen out job, it's under warranty. No complaints. VW problem, not yours.

I had my blind replaced a couple of weeks ago under warranty (by the sliding door) It wouldn't stay in lock position
new one fitted and that one started to get difficult to close like yours
Back to the dealers,for a carefull spray of silicon in the blind retainers
To date working OK and the surrounding trim doesn't look like it's been touched
Being your van is still in warranty I woulnt advise you to try and fix it yourself though

Alan

I had the same blind replaced on my old van with the identical problem, it was done at SMG while I waited so it can't be too much of a major job if done by someone who has fitted one before.

As with anything on the habitation side of things, Make sure you go to a dealer that deals with Cali's, if you call VWCS they can tell you where your nearest one is.

I had the same blind replaced on my old van with the identical problem, it was done at SMG while I waited so it can't be too much of a major job if done by someone who has fitted one before.

As with anything on the habitation side of things, Make sure you go to a dealer that deals with Cali's, if you call VWCS they can tell you where your nearest one is.

Thank you for your replies. I have a main VW dealer not too far. Don't know their track record but they do stock Cali/Beach's will test the water soon. Cheers

If you say who the dealer is on here you will get an instant review of them! :)

We are trying to get a list of all the recommended Cali dealers as there are quite a few van centres around that will have never done work on a California before, obviously those ones are OK with anything mechanical but I would not like to let them replace/fix anything behind the front seats!

I had that blind replaced on mine whilst under warranty and they broke one of the surrounding trims, which meant a second trip to get it sorted.
Within a few months it had gone stiff again. I fixed it myself by spraying a bit of furniture polish into the runners has worked brilliantly ever since!

had the rear side widow blind replaced under warranty...meant taking out top cupboard...half a day...
no problems:)

Back